UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant jonbacon
Participant

Microblaze petalinux-config gets stuck in loop

Hi,

I'm trying to create a petalinux project for a microblaze soft core that is residing in the PL on a Zynq but the petalinux-config --get-hw-description operation is stuck in a loop. It lets me chose the config options but then when I exit the ncurses window the progam never returns.

The config.log file is huge, I left it to run once and it expanded to 150GB! It shows the program going through the config but then the following line appears with no other error and the config starts again.

* Restart config...

I've tried this on vivado/petalinux 2015.2.1 and 2015.4 (see my other thread for an issue there)

The design has the MB connected to RAM and an Ethernet device that are physically separate from the PS, I think I may have missed something important but I cant find much up to date info on the microblaze it seems people have stoppped using them.

I've attached the HDF file for my design and the first loop of the config log

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Jon

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Microblaze petalinux-config gets stuck in loop

@jonbacon

Do you see this happening only for this particular HDF file?

I will verify this and update you.

Regards,

Achutha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Participant jonbacon
Participant

Re: Microblaze petalinux-config gets stuck in loop

@achutha

I have tried it with a cut down version of the same design, it's a very simple design but I've tried it without the Ethernet device.

I am able to get bare metal software running on the MB, using the AXI stream FIFOs in the design to talk between MB and main PS

Thanks

Jon

0 Kudos