UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer aroytman
Observer

Modifying dts file for u-boot

Hello all,

I work with petalinux v2018.2 on u-boot for zcu102 based board.

I have this: CONFIG_DEFAULT_DEVICE_TREE="zynqmp-zcu102-rev1.0" in all relevant files in build sub-directory: auto.conf, autoconf.h, .config

I only need to modify u-boot. At u-boot prompt I do:

ZynqMP> bdi
fdt_blob = 000000007fe7d4b0

ZynqMP> fdt addr 000000007fe7d4b0
ZynqMP> fdt print

I get a tree that has different content from the one in zynqmp-zcu102-rev1.0.

Also, my modifications are not reflected after build. I've changed the model & aliases settings in that file.

Looking at "UG1144 (v2018.2) June 6, 2018", section named "Devicetree Configuration" - seems that this is only for kernel, not for u-boot.

Questions:

1. Are the instructions in UG1144 applicable to u-boot?

2. What are the steps to modify dts file for u-boot? Should it be rebuilt automatically by build system or manual procedure is needed? What is the procedure?

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Modifying dts file for u-boot

if you are using the petalinux, then changing the nodes in the system-user.dtsi file should be reflected in your devicetree.

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Modifying dts file for u-boot

U-boot has its own device tree base in directory u-boot-xlnx/arch/arm/dts

Check if "ftd print" dumps device tree entries from this file: u-boot-xlnx/arch/arm/dts/zynqmp-zcu102-rev1.0.dts

0 Kudos