UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer jqsam1
Observer

Multiple Ethernet Setup using Zynq's Gem0 & Axi_ethernet(Dma)

Good day Everyone,

Was attempting to setup the above mention setup using Zynq-7000 on petalinux 2015.4. The design info and settings are on the attached below. I have connected all the interrupts and setup the necessary IPs needed for the axi_ethernet to work on the 1000-BaseX. The compile kernel was able to boot with GEM0 as the main ethernet (eth0) and axi_ethernet (eth1) being able to be probed. However kernel panic (picture as attached below) occues when i tried to set an ip addr for the axi_ethernet, why is that so? I am not good at debug kernel panic and might need some advise.

Any help is appreciated,
thanks alot!addr_alloc.pngAddr_allocationAxi_dma_settings.pngAxi_Dma SettingsAxi_ethenet_settings.pngAxi_ethernet settingsbd_intc_connection.pngbd3.pngpl_dtsi.pngpl.dtsisystem-top.pngsystem-top.dtskernel_panic_when_allocate_ip_to_eth1.PNGthe kernel panic =(

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Multiple Ethernet Setup using Zynq's Gem0 & Axi_ethernet(Dma)

Hi @jqsam1 

You can take xapp1082 as a reference 

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1082-zynq-eth.pdf

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Observer jqsam1
Observer

Re: Multiple Ethernet Setup using Zynq's Gem0 & Axi_ethernet(Dma)

Goodday,

i have tried refering to xapp1082 and the same error occurs.
Thanks.

0 Kudos