Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

NET-SNMP kernel and project compilation

Xilinx SDK Version 2017.1

Zync Ultascale Arm Cortex A9 quad core.

I am trying to correctly compile the kernel and include the net-snmp library within my project in Xilinx 2017.1 SDK and  Petalinux 2017.1. I have done the following thus far:

1. Within the application bit bake file (after creating an application) I've included:  DEPENDS += " net-snmp"

2. Called petalinux-config -c kernel and petalinux-config -c rootfs to ensure net-snmp checkboxes are checked. 

3. Performed petalinux-build

4. Copied developer net-snmp library files into my project and included the appropriate directory location

5. Within my 2017.1 project included library (within C++ -> settings-> library) -lnetsnmp and -lnetsnmpagent

6. Compiled the project and I am still left with linker errors (unknown reference to all of the net-snmp methods used). In addition, I get errors stating that it cannot find -lnetsnmp and -lnetsnmpagent (so it must not know where to look, but I'm unsure of where to point it to instead)

Note: If I compile this as a Linux application (which I believe points to my OS net-snmp installation) instead of ARM embedded  it works fine and it recognizes the library.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: NET-SNMP kernel and project compilation

Hi Nicholas,

Here you go how to building net-snmp application using XSDK below is the steps you need to follow. https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/69159.html

Step1:  Set the sysroot path

snmp1.png

Step2:  Set the include path

snmp2.png

Step3:  Set the library path

snmp3.png

Step4: Build the application

Thanks,
Sandeep
PetaLinux Yocto | Embedded SW Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos