UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Need some Design Examples to do hands on of linux application on Embedded Linux other than ug1165

Hi guys, Hope you all are doing fine.

I'm working on Embedded Linux and curious to develop some linux application which will operate/control some hardware peripheral. I want to do some practicals in order to understand the working of Linux application which will enhance my learning.

If you people have any Examples Design with source codes then please do share so that I can do hands on them.

I have design example files of UG1165, I tried example Custom IP LED Blinking but failed to get the correct output. I am looking for more simple design which blinks (using Linux Application ) the PL side LEDs of Zynq702 Board.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Need some Design Examples to do hands on of linux application on Embedded Linux other than ug1165

Hey @siddh4nt

I don't have a ZC702 available so I do not have any examples for that one, but there are several ways to control an LED from the Linux (PS) side:

• You can use an EMIO to control the LED (via PL logic) as the Linux kernel already provides a driver for GPIOs
  • There is a specific LED driver in the Linux kernel as well, which can be used to control an LED directly connected to a GPIO (including blinking the LED)
  • You can use an AXI slave on the PL side to create a memory mapped register which can then be accessed from kernel or userspace (that's what UG1165 does IIRC). Note that you can use devmem to read and write those memory mapped registers for testing.

Hope this helps,

Herbert

-------------- Yes, I do this for fun!
0 Kudos
Scholar hbucher
Scholar

Re: Need some Design Examples to do hands on of linux application on Embedded Linux other than ug1165

@siddh4nt Yes, I am doing fine, thank you.

If you want to try something simple, go standalone. Linux has many layers of software in between. 

Standalone give you a better knowledge how things work. 

vitorian.com --- We do this for fun. Always give kudos. Accept as solution if your question was answered.
I will not answer to personal messages - use the forums instead.
0 Kudos