cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

No PetaLinux projects found in the BSP

Jump to solution

My working environment is as follows: Im running windows 7 which has a VM running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. All development work is being done in the Linux environment.

Im trying to build a new boot image for the zynq zc702 board from custom hardware architecture created in vivado.

I am currently able to do so using the http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Getting+Started guide. But for future development I felt that going towards petalinux will make things easier in the long run.

The guide I am using to help achieve this is UG980 (v2013.10) PetaLinux SDK User Guide Board Bringup Guide. I proceed through it and create the fsbl from the system.xml and .bit files generated from vivado. I then create a new BSP designating the OS to be petalinux, Hardware Platform is custom. Under the BSP Settings I mimic the instructions as closely as possible. When finished it goes ahead and builds this BSP.

I then open a terminal window, verify that "echo $PETALINUX" returns the location of the petalinux directory when I installed it. I run "petalinux-create -t project -s /directory/pointing/to/newly/create/bsp" and it returns the error that no PetaLinux projects found in the BSP"

- also as a side note, should i expect petalinux to compile/build/package everything i need to put on the sd card for my boot image? or should i expect to take the results given and wrap it myself with the u-boot it creates?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar
Scholar

Few things to check BEFORE THIS:

1. source /opt/pkg/petalinux-v2013.10-final/settings.sh

2. A valid license exists

3. if they are pre-built bsp in petalinux, we point to the .bsp directly.

You can look at the following thread for custom bsps.

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/Petalinux-BSP-for-custom-hardware-firmware/td-p/387215

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Scholar
Scholar

Few things to check BEFORE THIS:

1. source /opt/pkg/petalinux-v2013.10-final/settings.sh

2. A valid license exists

3. if they are pre-built bsp in petalinux, we point to the .bsp directly.

You can look at the following thread for custom bsps.

http://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Embedded-Linux/Petalinux-BSP-for-custom-hardware-firmware/td-p/387215

View solution in original post

Explorer
Explorer

Thanks for the quick reply,

So here's an update.. Apparently I missed it but the prebuilt bsp's are not located in the petalinux installation package but are available for download separately. Once i found that mistake of mine it builds just fine.

Thanks for the link about custom built bsp's.

0 Kudos
Scholar
Scholar

Thanks for your update. That helps for the users hitting this problem.

Please mark the thread solved.

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

justinlh where did you get the prebuilt BSP from?

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer
0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

thanks ;)

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

This page does not contain any prebuilt bsp's for the MicroZed. Where could i find a .bsp for the Avnet MicroZed?

0 Kudos
Visitor
Visitor

I've been fiddling with this for a while. Basically, my command:

petalinux-create -t project -s /home/build/Downloads/avnet-digilent-zedboard-v2020.1-final.bsp -n Zynq-7000-PetaLinux-Project

Yields the error "No PetaLinux projects found in the BSP." This is the same error as if you enter a completely invalid path.

Additionally, changing directory into Downloads and running:

petalinux-create -t project -s avnet-digilent-zedboard-v2020.1-final.bsp -n Zynq-7000-PetaLinux-Project

Yields the exact same error. I've tried with a couple of bsps, nothing is seeming to work. Am I missing something?

Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG
0 Kudos
Teacher
Teacher

@jriker 

You should make sure the bsp version matches the Petalinux version. I suspect that's the problem.

Thanks,

-Pat

Give kudos if helpful. Accept as solution if it solves your problem.
https://tuxengineering.com/blog

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @jriker,

From your log, it seems you are using petalinux 0f 2019.* and your BSP is of 2020,1 version.
Please try both of the same versions.

Thanks & Regards,

Shubhangi