UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Not able to boot Linaro on Zedboard from Linux-xilinx repository. Although was able to boot from Linux-Digilent repository

Hi,
 I am booting linaro on Zedboard from Linux-digilent repository building kernel and all: zImage, BOOT.BIN, devitree.dtb.

But I am not able to boot linaro on Zedbaord while starting from Linux-Xilinx repository(https://github.com/Xilinx/linux-xlnx). I need it very urgent. Basically for linux-xilinx case, necessary files to boot linaro are : uImage, BOOT.BIN, devicetree.dtb.
I built devicetree.dtb and uImage from xilinx-linux and used BOOT.BIN of my digilent case. Is it because of the u-boot, contained in BOOT.BIN. U-Boot has information on uImage or zImage???
Can anyone provide working files: uImage, BOOT.BIN and devicetree.dtb for ZEDBoard to boot Linaro. So that I can make changes and compare.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Not able to boot Linaro on Zedboard from Linux-xilinx repository. Although was able to boot from Linux-Digilent repository

The Xilinx wiki on setting up a Linux system is quite clear. If you follow it, you should have no problems. As you already see, it mentions uImage. So if you follow this, you should have all you need.

0 Kudos