Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer
Observer

OffLine-build of the ZCU104 BSP 2019.2 fails. Missing gst-autogen.sh

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I sit on an off-line network and thus need to build PetaLinux 2019.2 using local repos. So, I figured rebuilding the ZCU104 BSP would be a good test case to get things up and running. The problem is that I get a build error saying that I'm missing common/gst-autogen.sh

The OS is Ubuntu 18.04 running on an 8-core CPU, 32GB RAM. To be on the safe side, I’ve also created a Python 2.7 environment, using Anaconda, to config & build PetaLinux.

Here's what I did:

I’ve downloaded the PetaLinux_Tools_sstate-cache_artifacts_downloads_2019.2.tar.gz and extracted it to a local directory. (<MyRootDir>/Repo/downloads)

I’ve created a PetaLinux project using xilinx-zcu104-v2019.2-final.bsp

petalinux-create -t project -s xilinx-zcu104-v2019.2-final.bsp

This creates the project directory <MyRootDir>/xilinx-zcu104-2019.2. After cd:ing into xilinx-zcu104-2019.2, I start the configuration utility:

petalinux-config

In the Yocto-menu I set:

TMPDIR to <MyRootDir>/temp

Add pre-mirror url to file:///<MyRootDir>/Repo/downloads

[*] Enable BB NO NETWORK

I save the config and start building by:

petalinux-build -x mrproper

petalinux-build

The build is done in parallel (by default) using all cores. After processing about 5850 RunQueue Tasks (of totally 6920), I get the following error:

ERROR: gst-interpipes-1.0.4-r0 do_configure: Function failed: …
   …

And the log file says:

…
   Submodule ‘common’ (git://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/common) registered for path ‘common’
   Cloning into ‘<MyRootDir>/temp/work/aarch64-xilinx-linux/gst-interpipes/1.0.4-r0/git/common’
   fatal: Unable to lookup anongit.freedesktop.org (port 9418) …
   …
   You are missing common/gst-autogen.sh
   …

Obviously, the freedesktop.org site is not available to me since I’m Off-Line. However, in the sstate-cache repo from above (<MyRootDir>/Repo/downloads) there are the files:
   git2_anongit.freedesktop.org.git.gstreamer.common.git.tar.gz
   git2_anongit.freedesktop.org.gstreamer.common.tar.gz

There also seems to be uncompressed versions in:
   <MyRootDir>/Repo/downloads/git2/anongit.freedesktop.org.git.gstreamer.common.git
   <MyRootDir>/Repo/downloads/git2/ anongit.freedesktop.org.gstreamer.commo

Does anyone have an idea of what may be wrong??? 

Regards
/Nils

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer
Observer

I found the (partial) problem. I forgot to set the petalinux-config -> Yocto Settings -> Local sstate feeds settings to the root of the extracted sstate_cache artifact sstate_aarch64_2019.2.tar.gz, available at https://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/embedded-design-tools.html

Cheers

N

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Observer
Observer

I found the (partial) problem. I forgot to set the petalinux-config -> Yocto Settings -> Local sstate feeds settings to the root of the extracted sstate_cache artifact sstate_aarch64_2019.2.tar.gz, available at https://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/embedded-design-tools.html

Cheers

N

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @i_am_here 

I am facing the same issue as you. However, even if setting "Local sstate feeds" doesn't solve my issue. Petalinux still gives me the exact errors you get. 

My configuration :

• petalinux-config -> Yocto Settings -> Add pre-mirror URL : file://<local>/sstate_aarch64_2019.2/downloads
  • petalinux-config -> Yocto Settings -> Local sstate feeds : file://<local>/sstate_aarch64_2019.2/aarch64
  • [*] BB_NO_NETWORK

Then I build with 

• petalinux-build -x mrproper
  • petalinux-build

But, I am still getting the same error. " ERROR: gst-interpipes-1.0.4-r0 do_configure: Function failed: …"

According to your (partial) problem, I have also the same problem. If it is possible, can you share how you solve this Missing gst-autogen.sh issue? 

Thanks in advance.

Y.K.T.

0 Kudos