cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Older souces for Qemu for running Zynq Linux

The binary available at "xilinx.com/member/zynq_linux/zynq_linux.tar.gz" contains both a qemu-system-arm and a zynq-linux kernel. They're a bit dated, but work very well in combination. The latest sources available from xilinx via github, in combination with zynq kernels available for download (releases 14.[23467]), not so well. Best case is the prompt with networking non-functional. Worst case is a hang during boot. The sources used to build the aforementioned fully working qemu seem to be based on a branch of qemu that was removed when the repo was moved from xilinx.com to github. The branch was called qemu-xarm.git I'm asking if it might be possible to have access to these sources to assist in debugging the currently available sources.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

It's true, the QEMU repo does not get all the attention it should get, but things aren't that grim either. The 'xilinx-master' branch on github works with the 14.6 images including network (at least ssh worked for me, so I consider it working. I followed the instructions from the wiki http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/QEMU ).

I'll try to get a 14.6 tag pushed to the QEMU repo, which should make things a little easier to synchronize with our Linux repo.

0 Kudos