Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_ney
Adventurer
Adventurer

OpenGl drm driver Zynq Ultrascale Ubuntu

Hey Guys, 

I'm trying to implement a small OpenGL Application on the ZCU102. I think I've loaded all the necessary libraries but when I execute the program it says:

gbm: failed to open any driver (search paths /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/dri:${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
gbm: Last dlopen error: /usr/lib/dri/xilinx_drm_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
failed to load driver: xilinx_drm
gbm: failed to open any driver (search paths /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/dri:${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
gbm: Last dlopen error: /usr/lib/dri/kms_swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
failed to load driver: kms_swrast
opengl: main.cpp:49: int32_t main(int32_t, char**): Assertion `strstr (egl_extension_st, "EGL_KHR_create_context") != __null' failed.
Aborted

I activated the drm driver in Petalinux, but it doesn't seem to be there. 

If I check the drivers with ubuntu-drivers list or ubuntu-drivers devices both doesnt show any output. 

If I click on "Additional Drivers" in the settings it says "no additional drivers available".

I'm accessing the board over remote-desktop, could that be a problem?

If I connect a cable to the display port, there is no output on the screen and while booting there is the same message that drm driver loading fails:

[   28.224618] rc.local[3484]: gbm: failed to open any driver (search paths /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/dri:${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
[   28.244595] rc.local[3484]: gbm: Last dlopen error: /usr/lib/dri/xilinx_drm_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[   28.264519] rc.local[3484]: failed to load driver: xilinx_drm
[   28.280467] rc.local[3484]: gbm: failed to open any driver (search paths /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/dri:${ORIGIN}/dri:/usr/lib/dri)
[   28.300477] rc.local[3484]: gbm: Last dlopen error: /usr/lib/dri/kms_swrast_dri.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[   28.320517] rc.local[3484]: failed to load driver: kms_swrast
[   28.336680] rc.local[3484]: EGL_MESA_drm_image required.

As you see I'm a newbie regarding those topics, so I'd be happy if someone can help me.

Thanks for any replie!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
hu_kang
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi, @j_ney 

Have you solved the drm problem ?

I'm also facing similar problem running graphical applications on ubuntu on zynq.

Regards,
Kang
0 Kudos
j_ney
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @hu_kang!

I didn't use OpenGl in the end, but I got the ubuntu desktop to work. 

My main issue was that I connected the HDMI output wrong. 

You need an active HDMI adapter that you connect to the Display Port of the board. 

This one worked for me: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01M5DX296/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Best regards, 

Jonas

0 Kudos