UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

PS I2C Linux Examples

Hello everyone,

I have a ZCU102 and I want to interface it with camera using I2C using Linux in PS Side (FMC Connector).

Do you have any tuto or link that can help here ?

My Linux is already builded with XILINX_I2C=y driver support and board it booting as well.

Any help !

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

Re: PS I2C Linux Examples

Ay help please !

0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Re: PS I2C Linux Examples

Hi 

It is adding client device to Master I2C Controller , you can refer the existing drivers for Interfacing I2C with Client Devices

1. Writing Camera Driver (Get the Driver from Camera chip vendor)

2. Integrate the Camera driver to Zynq-Linux kernel, specifying "static struct I2C_Driver camera_driver()" mentioning Camera driver will interface with I2C Master Driver (Based on Linux Device Model) 

3.Once Camera has been identified with I2C core as client Device , it starts tranmitting data on both sides.

4. Can refer the Touch screen Controller Drivers , these are based on I2C connected devices , these are part of drivers/input/touchscreen/* for reference.

5. Once Interface is done, check/change the values using sysfs or procfs for Client device if Deviuce is identified in /proc/dev 

Thanks & Regards

Satish.G

G Satish Kumar
0 Kudos