UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer sahebi.amin
Observer

PS-PL communication monitoring from Linux (PS side)

Jump to solution

Hi there, 

I have a question about how to profile and monitor PL part from the Linux application, one solution might be the AXI performance monitor soft-IP, which still I don't know how it can monitor from Linux side, not standalone (bare-metal). or using ILA might be a solution but still I don't know how can I receive a timing diagram with ILA when I run an application form Linux (Peta-Linux or any other...). when you use Jtag cable for both these monitoring tools you would bypass the effect of Linux part, isn't it? 

Consider I have a benchmark, which will be executed in Peta-Linux, and it transfers some data between PS and PL, now I want to extract the timing diagram or any other useful metrics (throughput, ...) from AXI signals and any other e,g. counters in my design based on the time(clock). 

bassed on this link, it's not obvious how I can run my application on the Linux side when I plugged JTAG cable and using SDK!

I appreciate your time.

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: PS-PL communication monitoring from Linux (PS side)

Jump to solution

Hello Amin,

As one solution, you can simply boot your OS through SD card, and the when your system is running, attach the JTAG. Then, open the VIVADO tool, and open the hardware, and auto connect the device. There you can find the ILA (if you have) and monitor any AXI signals from there.

hope this helps!
Farnam

2 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hello Amin,

As one solution, you can simply boot your OS through SD card, and the when your system is running, attach the JTAG. Then, open the VIVADO tool, and open the hardware, and auto connect the device. There you can find the ILA (if you have) and monitor any AXI signals from there.

hope this helps!
Farnam

Observer sahebi.amin
Observer

Jump to solution

Thanks for this quick reply.

solved.

thanks