UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

PTP problems on ZCU102

Jump to solution

I'm trying to get PTP working on a zcu102 using 2017.3 with a combination of vivado firmware and kernel configuration.  

On the software side I believe I have the kernel config and device tree stuff all working, and the only problem now is getting the firmware to output the correct bits.  I know it's the firmware because I can create a "tutorial" project, export the HDF into my petalinux project, and PTP will work.

On the other hand, if I use the production firmware bitstream and HDF, PTP stops working. (PTP timestamps are always zero)

To debug this production firmware, I have the output of the firmware developer who followed https://www.xilinx.com/Attachment/GEM_TSU_Interface_Details_and_IEEE_1588_Support.pdf, opting for using the PS internal IOPLL as the GEM TSU clock. (of the three options for getting the GEM a clock, this seemed easiest).

We can confirm that our setup matches that shown in the guide: "GEM TSU clock" is unchecked in our high-speed peripheral I/O config.  However, PTP still shows timestamps of zero, implying the timestamp register is never incrementing

I would love some tips on how to debug this.  It appears we are doing something in the firmware to muck things up, but I am unclear how to proceed.  Thanks in advance.

IOConfig.jpg

And:

PSPLConfig.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: PTP problems on ZCU102

Jump to solution

We finally solved our problem. It was something in the settings for the GEM_TSU in the output clocks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: PTP problems on ZCU102

Jump to solution

We finally solved our problem. It was something in the settings for the GEM_TSU in the output clocks.

0 Kudos