cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Partitioning SD Card to boot ZC706

Jump to solution

I am trying to partition a SD card into boot and root partitions so that I can boot a ZC706 eval board from it.  I have followed the directions posted in the wiki here: https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842385/How+to+format+SD+card+for+SD+boot#HowtoformatSDcardforSDboot-RelatedLinks. However, when I have created the 2 partitions and attempt to write and exit I am given the error "Re-reading the partition table failed. : Invalid Arguement"

Is there something I need to do before running fdisk that is resulting in this error?  Or is there a missing step in the directions in the wiki?  Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Partitioning SD Card to boot ZC706

Jump to solution

The problem I thought I was facing was not actually a problem.  The invalid arguement error I was getting turned out to be a non-issue and formatting was failing simply because I was not using sudo with the format commands.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

HI @stephen.lindeman 

This steps are proper, I think something going wrong while running the this steps.

Could you please run this script attached script for creating 2 partitions on your sdcard.

Download thsi script & follow below steps.

Connect your SD card to a linux machine.
On your Linux machine open a terminal console.
Run the following command:

sudo fdisk -l

Check the mount for your SD card. Look for /dev/sd*** device which matches the memory card size.
e.g /dev/sdc/ (Disk /dev/sdc: 997 MB, 997720064 bytes)

chmod u+x mkcard-v0.3.sh
sudo ./mkcard-v0.3.sh /dev/sdc

chmod 777 mkcard-v0.3.sh
sudo ./mkcard-v0.3.sh /dev/sdc

Thanks & Regards

Aravind

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

The problem I thought I was facing was not actually a problem.  The invalid arguement error I was getting turned out to be a non-issue and formatting was failing simply because I was not using sudo with the format commands.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos