UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer raymond.walter
Observer

PetaLinux 2017.1 Custom Device Tree

Jump to solution

Hey,

I'm currently moving my ZynqMP project from PetaLinux 2016.4 to 2017.1 and I've run into a problem regarding editing the device tree.

The method I used in my 2016.4 project was to create a .bbappend to the device tree generation script and put my modified device tree into the files folder (as described here).

This no longer works. I'm always getting the default device tree and my custom device tree isn't even parsed.

Has anyone found a solution to this? Is there another way to do this in 2017.1?

Thanks in advance!

Raymond

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: PetaLinux 2017.1 Custom Device Tree

Jump to solution

Hi @raymond.walter

The suggested way to customize the devicetree file in petalinux 2017.1 is using the system-user.dtsi file within the meta-user layer as pointed by UG1144.

system-user.JPG

So the devicetree generation tool should map those IPs included in your design HDF and system-user.dtsi should be used to modify those nodes or to add board level nodes.

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: PetaLinux 2017.1 Custom Device Tree

Jump to solution

Hi @raymond.walter

The suggested way to customize the devicetree file in petalinux 2017.1 is using the system-user.dtsi file within the meta-user layer as pointed by UG1144.

system-user.JPG

So the devicetree generation tool should map those IPs included in your design HDF and system-user.dtsi should be used to modify those nodes or to add board level nodes.

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos