UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PetaLinux 2018.3 add meta-xilinx-tsn layer

Hi all,

I am trying to add the meta-xilinx-tsn layer (version 2018.3) to a Petalinux project also made in 2018.3.  I have followed the steps of ug1144-petalinux-tools-reference-guide.pdf, but after adding the layer on petalinux-config, when I save and close the config, the next error appears:

[INFO] generating Kconfig for project
[INFO] menuconfig project

*** End of the configuration.
*** Execute 'make' to start the build or try 'make help'.

[INFO] sourcing bitbake
ERROR: Failed to source bitbake
ERROR: Failed to config project.

What can be the problem?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: PetaLinux 2018.3 add meta-xilinx-tsn layer

Hi alejandro@erlerobotics.com 

I doubut your project got closed in between when it is configuring. 

Can you please clean the project & rebuild once.

petalinux-build -x mrproper   -- This will clean the project.

petalinux-config  

petalinux-build

I hope ypu reffrered ug1144 guide,section : "Adding a Recipe from Yocto e-SDK Layers to
petalinux-image-full.bb"

Thanks &  regards

Aravind

Re: PetaLinux 2018.3 add meta-xilinx-tsn layer

Thanks for your response,

First of all, I added the layer using petalinux-config, and I was able to add it. I was able to launch a petalinux 2018.3 system before adding the meta-xilinx-tsn layer, but now I am facing problems with the new u-boot and image.ub files created, so I may have not configured properly the petalinux build. Being more precise, I make the BOOT.BIN file following the ug1144 with the command, without any pmufw.

petalinux-package --boot --fsbl <FSBL image> --fpga <FPGA bitstream> --pmufw <PATH_TO_PMU_FW_ELF> --u-boot

Then I create the uImage

petalinux-package --image -c kernel --format uImage

I program the BOOT.BIN and the uImage

program_flash -f BOOT.BIN -offset 0 -flash_type qspi_single -fsbl zynq_fsbl.elf -cable type xilinx_tcf url TCP:127.0.0.1:3121

program_flash -f uImage.bin -offset 0x520000 -flash_type qspi_single -fsbl zynq_fsbl.elf -cable type xilinx_tcf url TCP:127.0.0.1:3121

When I had not included the new layer, I could boot the system with this command

sf probe 0 8000000 0;sf read 0x2080000 0x520000;bootm 0x2080000

But now when I execute it i get the next error

## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 02080000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-4.14.0-xilinx-v2018.3
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    2086488 Bytes = 2 MiB
   Load Address: 00008000
   Entry Point:  00008000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
   Loading Kernel Image ... OK
FDT and ATAGS support not compiled in - hanging
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

How can I fix it? I have tried cleaning and rebuilding the project. The board is ok, it works with tested boot.bin and image.ub from version 2018.1.

I did not find the "Adding a Recipe from Yocto e-SDK Layers to petalinux-image-full.bb" section in the ug1144 guide. Could you extend the information on that section?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos