UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

PetaLinux doesn't see libtool, so it won't run

Dear Xilinx community,

I am trying to setup the petalinux sdk on my debian system, but petalinux doesn't see libtool as installed so I am stuck because it won't run.

The error it fires is:

INFO: Checking installed tools
ERROR: You are missing the following system tools required by PetaLinux:

- libtool
Please check PetaLinux installation guide - required tools and libraries pacakge section for detailed information

which is not true:

$ dpkg -l | grep libtool
ii libltdl-dev:amd64 2.4.2-1.11+b1 amd64 System independent dlopen wrapper for GNU libtool ii libltdl7:amd64 2.4.2-1.11+b1 amd64 System independent dlopen wrapper for GNU libtool rc libltdl7:i386 2.4.2-1.11+b1 i386 System independent dlopen wrapper for GNU libtool ii libtool 2.4.2-1.11 all Generic library support script

The petalinux-env-check is a binary file, so I cannot modify it as a shell script.

How can I instruct to petalinux where he can find the libtool package ?

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

Simon

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Contributor
Contributor

Re: PetaLinux doesn't see libtool, so it won't run

i had the same error on Linux Mint and installing libtool-bin removed it from the list in my case