cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gwhite
Adventurer
Adventurer

PetaLinux v2015.2.1 “petalinux-create --type project” is ignoring the --output parameter

In PetaLinux v2015.2.1, “petalinux-create --type project” is ignoring the --output parameter and using the original project name (whether the designated output directory exists or not).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
gwhite
Adventurer
Adventurer

I forgot to mention that I'm also using the "--source <project>.bsp" switch to create the project from a BSP. The --output parameter specified the name of the output project directory in PetaLinux 2014.4.

0 Kudos
achutha
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@gwhite

Are you refering to --out option [this is used to place the bsp project created in the diretory you have specified] for petalinux-create ?

The --out option doesn't change the project name , it may just place the bsp project in the location you specify.

Please let me know if my understanding of your query is incorrect.

-Achutha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
gwhite
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi, @achutha ,

Yes, I'm refering to petalinux-create's --out option. Unfortunately, it no longer creates the bsp project created in the directory I specify, which can be a nasty surprise. If the --out option specifies a nonexistant subdirectory, petalinux-create replies as follows: 

realpath: No such file or directory
ERROR: out directory test doesn't exist!

If I create an empty target directory and then execute the command, the target directory is left empty and the project is placed in a sibling subdirectory with the original name. Not handy if I'm trying to duplicate an existing project.

0 Kudos