UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer
Explorer

PetaLinux won't boot from SD card on MicroZed

Jump to solution

Vivado 2015.4

PetaLinux 2015.4

Windows 7 running VM (VirtualBox) with Ubuntu 14.04

I have the latest MicroZed board and I can build Linux with PetaLinux with no errors. Have all of the hardware requirements, ARM Core, Memory, UART, TTC, etc. After I build the BOOT.bin and image.ug files I put them on a FAT32 formatted SD card and configure my MicroZed jumpers to accept an SD boot profile. I try to connect over USB to the virtual com port and nothing happens. 

I have verified with the Linux image for MicroZed that the USB/UART works fine. Just not my image. Anybody have the same issue or might know how to help? Here is how I built my image.

$ petalinux-create --type project --template zynq --name <Project_Name>

$ petalinux-config --get-hw-description –p <Project_Dir>

$ petalinux-build –x distclean

$ petalinux-config –c rootfs (run this to include my app, just does a printf("hellow world"))

$ petalinux-build

$ petalinux-package --boot --fsbl images/linux/zynq_fsbl.elf --fpga images/linux/System_wrapper.bit --uboot --force

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: PetaLinux won't boot from SD card on MicroZed

Jump to solution
Can you please follow steps from http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/59476.html to narrow down the issue?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
Can you please follow steps from http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/59476.html to narrow down the issue?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as "Accept as solution" if the information provided answers your query/resolves your issue.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
0 Kudos
Explorer
Explorer

Jump to solution

@smarell

I followed the guide, added some printf() debugs on my own and was eventually able to get the build to run with the SD card. Once I put the CD pin on MIO0 (and grounded MIO0) everything started working fine. 

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos