UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor bashid
Visitor

Petalinux 2016.2 Use a pre-exisitng rootfs

Jump to solution

I want use a pre-exisiting rootfs for zynq board for simplicity. (contain most desired packages)

How i can use a exisiting rootfs such an ubuntu rootfs (that is default rootfs on many boards)

with petalinux.

For clarify:

Suppose i generate image.ub and BOOT.BIN with petalinux-package command (copy them to FAT32 partition) and also didn't use

petalinux-config -c rootfs

Because i want use a pre-exisiting rootfs.

Therefore can i copy-paste default ubuntu rootfs (or any other rootfs) to ext4 partition?

Is there any special thing about rootfs that i copy to ext4 partition?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Petalinux 2016.2 Use a pre-exisitng rootfs

Jump to solution

You can simply copy-paste any rootfs to the ext4 partition and use it. Do not forget to select SD card as the rootfs type.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

You can simply copy-paste any rootfs to the ext4 partition and use it. Do not forget to select SD card as the rootfs type.

0 Kudos
Visitor bashid
Visitor

Jump to solution

Rootfs libraries that we used, should be compiled for ARM architecture. So they can be used. Isn't it?

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Of course. You can find pre-installed root file systems for arm architectures by following these links

https://rcn-ee.com/rootfs/eewiki/minfs/

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/RaspberryPi

0 Kudos