cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmiddle
Observer
Observer

Petalinux (2016.4) crontab or similar?

I am looking to have a periodic task run. I have some experience using cron under Linux. Does this exist for Petalinux? I have not been able to find it in the rootfs or other documentation of it so far.

If not I will just wrap it in a background task that will just run and sleep.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos
3 Replies
debrajr

It is not present in the default setup. You can install that as an Application in Petalinux 2016.4. Refer to "Adding Custom Application" : https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/sw_manuals/xilinx2016_4/ug1144-petalinux-tools-reference-guide.pdf
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
jeffdaq
Explorer
Explorer

You need to add cronie to your yocto build.  I don't use petalinux so can't say how to do it there but usually it's as simple as adding a single line to your image recipe that you are building. 

jeff

0 Kudos
tmiddle
Observer
Observer

I just decided to wrap it in a periodic process with sleep it is good enough for me and I only needed it for one task it didn't seem worth the effort for me to add another app, etc.

Thanks,

Tom

0 Kudos