UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor divcesar
Visitor

Petalinux 2017.2 disable hdf checksum check

Hi,

we are facing the problem described in this link: https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/66295.html and therefore we went to edit the psu_init.c files. However, how can we put the modified files again together into an HDF file?

We tried simply compressing (using .zip and also .7z) the folder and renaming the file to .HDF but there seems to be some checksum somewhere because Petalinux complained that the HDF file was "tampered". So the question is: can I update this checksum manually or, is it possible to disable Petalinux check?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Petalinux 2017.2 disable hdf checksum check

Hey @divcesar,

Ah, yes, I see, the HDF file contains a comment which is very likely a checksum or a signature ...

42FD3 Comment Length        002E
42FD5 Comment               '0229/2GAiIZI/qIFX0Z68PGa6DF4R3Q4z/XNk23WhcYyQ='

You can still try to do the necessary modifications in a TCL script (during build) and use the write_hwdef command to write out the corrected version. Note that, according to UG835, the write_hwdef is run after place_design, so a hook right after that should do the trick.

Hope this helps,

Herbert

-------------- Yes, I do this for fun!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor divcesar
Visitor

Could you kindly point me to where is this checksum placed and what is used to compute it?

0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

Hey @divcesar,

Could you kindly point me to where is this checksum placed ...

It is placed at the end of the zip archive as comment record.

... and what is used to compute it?

It is automatically computed and written by the write_hwdef Vivado TCL command.

Hope this clarifies,

Herbert

-------------- Yes, I do this for fun!
0 Kudos