cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

[Petalinux 2017.2 for Zynq-7000] petalinux-build Failed if project has more than 16 interrupts

Jump to solution

Hello,

My project based on Zynq-7000 (xc7z045) and petalinux 2017.2, must have more than 16 interrupts from PL side to PS, which are not fit for PS-GIC. The interrupts are mainly from VDMA s2mm_introut/mm2s_introut

From the stand-alone project I can cascade with axi-interrupt-controller as mentioned in the guide:

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842020/Cascade+Interrupt+Controller+support+in+DTG

However, when I porting to build with petalinux, the petalinux gives error "s2mm_introut is not connected". I had try some ways such as:
- Apply patch https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/68963.html
- Merge VDMA interrupt signal s2mm_introut/mm2s_introut by an OR ligic ultil

It quite strange that only VDMA interrupts have this issue, others (axi-uart, axi-i2c) is not. I start to think xilinx does not support VDMA with axi-interrupt-controller cascade zynq GIC ?

Anyone has solved this issue? please recommend me the way to pass it?

Thank you so much. (kudos for help, of course )

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Can you connect the axi_vdma interrupt to the concat, and the irq from the axi interrupt controller to the concat, and connect the dout of the concat to the PS irg_f2p

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Highlighted

If you share your HDF/XSA then I can take a quick look

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Stephenm,

Thank you for your reply. I attached my hdf (zip file). The sample project with 2 axi iic, 1 vdma, axi interrupt controller.

Do you have any comments?

Screenshot.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor
Hello Stephenm,
Do you have any ideas to solve my issue?
Thank you.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Can you connect the axi_vdma interrupt to the concat, and the irq from the axi interrupt controller to the concat, and connect the dout of the concat to the PS irg_f2p

View solution in original post

Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your suggestion. I'll try and give feedback as soon as I come back to work.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

You are right. If I do as you said It build all succeeded.

Next step, I will try to work with interrupt on Petalinux and check if it has any issues.

Thank you so much for your help.

Screenshot.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Stephenm,

Today when I try with more VDMA interrupt connect to concat of axi-interrupt controller, the warning appear "Interrupt pin "intr" of IP block: "CPU_axi_intc_0" is not connected to any interrupt controller" and the error follow.

I have no idea how to solve it. Please advice me.

Here are the log:

[INFO] building project
[INFO] sourcing bitbake
INFO: bitbake petalinux-user-image
Loading cache: 100% |###################################################################| Time: 0:00:00
Loaded 3239 entries from dependency cache.
Parsing recipes: 100% |#################################################################| Time: 0:00:01
Parsing of 2449 .bb files complete (2413 cached, 36 parsed). 3239 targets, 224 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
Initialising tasks: 100% |##############################################################| Time: 0:00:05
Checking sstate mirror object availability: 100% |######################################| Time: 0:00:00
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
ERROR: device-tree-generation-xilinx+gitAUTOINC+43551819a1-r0 do_configure: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at /media/huyvq/FAST/WORK/CMR_TX/SRC/CMRTX_EVT_HW/SW/linux_cmrtx/build/tmp/work/plnx_arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/device-tree-generation/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+43551819a1-r0/temp/log.do_configure.13478)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /media/huyvq/FAST/WORK/CMR_TX/SRC/CMRTX_EVT_HW/SW/linux_cmrtx/build/tmp/work/plnx_arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/device-tree-generation/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+43551819a1-r0/temp/log.do_configure.13478
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing python function sysroot_cleansstate
| DEBUG: Python function sysroot_cleansstate finished
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_configure
| MISC_ARG is -yamlconf /media/huyvq/FAST/WORK/CMR_TX/SRC/CMRTX_EVT_HW/SW/linux_cmrtx/build/tmp/work/plnx_arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/device-tree-generation/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+43551819a1-r0/device-tree-generation.yaml
| APP_ARG is -app "device-tree"
| cmd is: xsct /media/huyvq/FAST/WORK/CMR_TX/SRC/CMRTX_EVT_HW/SW/linux_cmrtx/build/tmp/work/plnx_arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/device-tree-generation/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+43551819a1-r0/dtgen.tcl -ws /media/huyvq/FAST/WORK/CMR_TX/SRC/CMRTX_EVT_HW/SW/linux_cmrtx/build/../components/plnx_workspace -pname device-tree-generation -rp /media/huyvq/FAST/WORK/CMR_TX/SRC/CMRTX_EVT_HW/SW/linux_cmrtx/build/tmp/work/plnx_arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/device-tree-generation/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+43551819a1-r0/git -processor ps7_cortexa9_0 -hdf /media/huyvq/FAST/WORK/CMR_TX/SRC/CMRTX_EVT_HW/SW/linux_cmrtx/build/tmp/deploy/images/plnx_arm/Xilinx-plnx_arm.hdf -arch 32 -app "device-tree" -yamlconf /media/huyvq/FAST/WORK/CMR_TX/SRC/CMRTX_EVT_HW/SW/linux_cmrtx/build/tmp/work/plnx_arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/device-tree-generation/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+43551819a1-r0/device-tree-generation.yaml
| INFO: [Hsi 55-1698] elapsed time for repository loading 0 seconds
| WARNING: Interrupt pin "intr" of IP block: "CPU_axi_intc_0" is not connected to any interrupt controller

0 Kudos
Highlighted

you are getting the warning:

| WARNING: Interrupt pin "intr" of IP block: "CPU_axi_intc_0" is not connected to any interrupt controller

Can you share the updated HDF?

0 Kudos