cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Petalinux 2017.4 Using Linux kernel higher than 4.9

Hello, I am pretty new to petalinux and Embedded Linux development generally, so, please, dont beat me heavily)

I'm trying to get bootable SD with latest version of linux available for Zynq UltraScale+. I use petalinux 2017.4 and have selected Xilinx git rep as a source for Linux kernel (git://github.com/Xilinx/linux-xlnx.git) in peralinux-config menu

(Linux components selection->Linux kernel(remote)). The latest Linux version available is 4.14.

I also use this link

http://www.wiki.xilinx.com/Zynq+UltraScale%EF%BC%8B+MPSoC+Ubuntu+part+2+-+Building+and+Running+the+Ubuntu+Desktop+From+Sources

as a road map. All steps before

petalinux-build

seems to have passed successfully. When trying to build i'm getting such an error:

ERROR: linux-xlnx-4.9-xilinx-v2017.4+gitAUTOINC+ccb9ad68f9-r0 do_kernel_version_sanity_check: Package Version (4.9-xilinx-v2017.4+gitAUTOINC+ccb9ad68f9) does not match of kernel being built (4.14). Please update the PV variable to match the kernel source.

It seems that I should download some package or patch, not just changing some variable's value, right?

How can I update petalinux tools to use newer kernel? Is it possible?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am struggeling with a similar problem (Integrating an older kernel in petalinux 2017.2) but haven't been succesfull either. I also would really appreciate it if someone who has done this before could sketch a basic workflow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi

Could you please check if this patch helps you ?

http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/commit/?id=1b6a3c17874ead7ee0957e67329aa3bd019fa129

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Thanks for rapid reply! But it didn't work for me.

I used another solution, that partly solved the problem (it may seem strange, but it works).

1. I have renamed file <petalinux dir> / components / yocto / source / aarch64 / layers / meta-xilinx / recipes- kernel / linux / linux-xlnx_4.9.bb to linux-xlnx_4.14.bb and changed LINUX_VERSION to 4.14. 

It seems that it is not anough, but I have not investigate this yet.

build process completes without an error, and prints only warnings, that preferred kernel 4.9 is not available and that it uses 4.14,

but i still cant get working kernel.

0 Kudos