UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor lfillon001
Visitor

Petalinux 2017.4 installation failed on Yocto SDK

Jump to solution

Hi,

I tried to install Petalinux 2017.4 from the script download from your website (petalinux-v2017.4-final-installer.run) but it doesn't work. The script failed when it tried to install Yocto SDK for ZynqMP.

I work on a VM with Ubuntu16.04 installed,

I already have installed the packages pre-required as it explain in UG1144,

I am behind a proxy,

I execute the script with non-root user and without sudo,

The permissions on the directory where I tried to install the software are rwxr-xr-x and the owner is the user who executes the script,

My log is in attachements

Have you an idea of what I need to do ?

Thanks on advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor lfillon001
Visitor

Re: Petalinux 2017.4 installation failed on Yocto SDK

Jump to solution

Hi,

I solved my problem and I wrote this message because I hope it can be helpful for some others peoples. The problem doesn't came from the proxy configuration as I thought but it came from the folder where I was trying to install it. Indeed It seems that Petalinux doesn't like to be installed in a shared folder. In my case the folder was shared between different virtual machines on the server where I work.

I didn't see any warning about this case in the documentation.

Regards,

Lucas

ps: Sorry if my english is not perfect :)

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @lfillon001,

Your /media has read write permissions for user?

Thanks,
Sandeep
PetaLinux Yocto | Embedded SW Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor lfillon001
Visitor

Jump to solution

hi Sandeepg,

I have just tried to give the permissions as you suggest it but it doesn't have solve my problem, the script crash like before.

As you can see in the attachement, the problem looks coming from the "relocate_sdk.py". The attachement is the output from the console that I have paste in a file. I hope that can help you.

thanks for your help,

Lucas.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Lucas

Could you please share/list us the steps that you have followed to install the petalinux?

Best Regards

Shabbir

0 Kudos
Visitor lfillon001
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Shabbir,

I have followed the document UG1144, Petalinux Tools installation guide.

The first step I've done is to download the script "petalinux-v2017.4-final-installer.run" from your website then I have downloaded all the required packages listed in the document UG1144 for ubuntu 16.04.1. After because I am root by default on my setup, I have created a new user (peta) with his own new group and a folder with the permissions for him. Finally, I copied the script in the new folder, turn myself into the user peta and I launched the script with the following command line:

./petalinux-v2017.4-final-installer.run /media/HomeVM/LucasFillon/peta

I had tried to install Petalinux on my disk but I didn't had enough space for the installation failed and then I decide to install it in /media/HomeVM/...

Best Regards,

Lucas

edit: There is some packages which are not available like python3.4 but I have python3 and python 3.5 installed on my computer.

edit : I have just check all the required packages and they have all the good versions or a newest one.

0 Kudos
Visitor lfillon001
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi sandeepg,

I tried to make some search on the python error given to me by the console ( see the attachement ) and I understood that the missing file is a certificate. The script can't create a symbolic link toward the certificate and I don't understand why, when I do it manually with the non-root user, it works fine (only if the certificate already exists). I tried to add manually this certifcate and it doesn't help.

Do you know if the certificate need to exist for the installation or if it is download during it?

I have some trouble with my https proxy, do you know if a secure network connection is required ? Maybe the error is due to the non-secure connection or a thing like that.

This are ideas of my search maybe I totally wrong, but I prefer give you all the informations I have.

Best regards,

Lucas

Ps : the certificate name is "Verisign_Class_3_Public_Primary_Certification_Authority_-_G2.crt"

0 Kudos
Visitor lfillon001
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi,

I solved my problem and I wrote this message because I hope it can be helpful for some others peoples. The problem doesn't came from the proxy configuration as I thought but it came from the folder where I was trying to install it. Indeed It seems that Petalinux doesn't like to be installed in a shared folder. In my case the folder was shared between different virtual machines on the server where I work.

I didn't see any warning about this case in the documentation.

Regards,

Lucas

ps: Sorry if my english is not perfect :)

0 Kudos