UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor omerce
Visitor

Petalinux 2018.2 TCP IP Socket Programming Client problem, no route to host

Jump to solution

Greetings,

I am currently trying to create a socket application that connects ZC702 Board to my Ubuntu 16.04 PC. I am able to ping to my PC from the board and reverse is valid also. 

Firstly, I've tried both socket codes, which is taken from the above link, on PC. Codes are compiled on PC as " gcc xxx.c -o xxx " and both runs on different terminals. Result, codes work. Secondly, I've tried to apply client side of the code to Zynq device, compiled without any change and run on board. When I try to connect to server ( which is my PC ) I got " no route to host " but the interesting point is that I am still able to ping to PC's IP address which is also written on Client C Code. ( host = gethostbyname("PC's IP address"); )

Another interesting point is that, Zynq device connects to any client when it is the server. My application needs Zynq device to be client side. 

"   https://www.engineersgarage.com/tutorials/communication-between-server-clients-through-socket-programming-using-tcpip       "

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. 

Best Regards,

Ömer

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor omerce
Visitor

Re: Petalinux 2018.2 TCP IP Socket Programming Client problem, no route to host

Jump to solution
Problem is solved with disabling the Firewall. :)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Visitor omerce
Visitor

Jump to solution
Problem is solved with disabling the Firewall. :)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @omerce,

May be your Vivado project is not generated correctly. Try using Standard Petalinux BSP file for ZC702 board  from Xilinx Download web page? The default BSP project will work for TCPIP connectivity and then try the Client & server application on top of it.  To debug your Vivado project, is it generated correctly or not &  Network connectivity is correct or not  then simply try our Xapp1026 (https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1026.pdf). Hope this will help.

0 Kudos
Visitor omerce
Visitor

Jump to solution

Dear @jadhavs

Thank you for your kind reply and help. I already use Petalinux BSP file for ZC702 board and as I mentioned above I solved the problem via disabling Firewall.

Best Regards,

Ömer

0 Kudos