Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
szczepan003
Visitor
Visitor

Petalinux 2019.1 Installation problem

Hello, 

I havent had much luck instaling Petalinux 2019.1 on my 64-Bit ARM host, running CentOS7 with linux Kernel 4.14.0-115.el7a.0.1.aarch64. As far as I was able to tell from the forum posts and reading the installation guide, it should be supported on my host. 

I followed the following steps in attempting installation

1. Downloaded Petalinux 2019.1 Installer from the Xilinx download portal. 
  2. Created new directory in users (simdev) home directory "/home/simdev/petalinux". simdev is not a root user, but is a sudo'er. 
  3. 'Ran' installation by using the following command, and am given the following error message:
    ./petalinux-v2019.1-final-installer.run /home/simdev/petalinux/

INFO: Checking installation environment requirements...
    ./petalinux-v2019.1-final-installer.run: line 183: /tmp/tmp.m0oolefLts/petalinux-env-check: cannot execute binary file
    WARNING: Please install required packages.

Please refer to the PetaLinux Tools Installation Guide.

Check the troubleshooting guide at the end of that manual, and if you are
    unable to resolve the issue please contact customer support with file:
    /home/simdev/Desktop/petalinux_installer/2019_1/petalinux_installation_log 

The binary petalinux-env-check is a binary that is generated during the install process, but I was able to quickly copy it and do a 'file' on it, and it appears to be an x86_64 binary. The petalinux_installation_log file that was generated just contains the same exact log I included above, sans the line about not being able to execute the binary file. 

Any idea what the issue might be, or if I am even able to install Petalinux on my host machine? Prior to installation I made sure all dependencies were installed, except for the 32-bit libraries, but I figured if that was the issue, the installer would tell me those specific packages were missing. Instead, this environment check binary exists as a binary for a different architecture so I assume its not even able to execute. 

Thanks for any help!

Dylan

0 Kudos
0 Replies