Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Petalinux 2019.1 build errors for ultra96v1

Dears all,

I need any helps on an error reached when build a petalinux project under ultra96v1. I include the log file, "build.log" in this post please open this to see the errors.

And the others files show the configuration of the petalinux OS building task (config and config_rootfs).

nota: The error is only present when build under petalinux.2019.1 tools and when build with petalinux.2018.3 the building task is fine (image.ub and system.dtb work).

The petalinux project "ultra96" was created with petalinux-config --get-hw-description command (not from BSP).

So please advice.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @quantech 

It looks the issues with your HDF file. Can you share your hdf?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

error_loading_hdf_xilinx.png

Hello,

Please see the red text in the picture.

BR

error_loading_hdf_xilinx.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted

This looks like the exact problem I was just looking at, and came on this forum to complain about.  If you look in the build/tmp/work/ultra96_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+73e546e312-r0/temp directory, at the file log.do_compile, do you see this output towards the end?

Error: /home/rdubielzig/try2019/tied/build/../components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree/mipi-support-ultra96.dtsi:9.1-17 Label or path axi_uart16550_0 not found
Error: /home/rdubielzig/try2019/tied/build/../components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree/mipi-support-ultra96.dtsi:132.2-10 Label or path i2csw_2 not found
FATAL ERROR: Syntax error parsing input tree

This is an issue when building with a bare-bones FPGA with no MIPI system built in.  Apparently the ultra96 layer assumes you've added a MIPI systsem.

According to these pages:

https://github.com/Xilinx/meta-xilinx-tools/issues/12

https://github.com/Avnet/Ultra96-PYNQ

The solution is to add the following line to project-spec/meta-user/conf/petalinuxbsp.conf:

MACHINE_FEATURES_remove_ultra96-zynqmp = "mipi"

However, doing this, followed by petalinux-build -x mrproper, then reconfigure and rebuild, did not solve the issue.  Apparently 2019.1 builds the device tree in a different manner than 2018.3.

What *did* get me past this step was to actually descend into the work directory, which is components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree/ and then manually edit system-top.dts to comment out the include of mipi support:

};
};
/* /include/ "mipi-support-ultra96.dtsi" */
#include "system-user.dtsi"

After I did this, my build continued (and is continuing to run as I type this).  Obviously this is not an optimal solution, and I came on here to ask for a better one.  Hopefully this comment will get a reply with one.

Highlighted
Observer
Observer

Since there is some doubt about the solution that works for me on petalinux 2019.1 and It took me a long time to find this thread I post this addition hoping to make it easier to find in the future:

--- 

Petalinux error on Avnet Ultra96 with custom firmware loaded with:
petalinux-config --get-hw-description=

ERROR: device-tree-xilinx+gitAUTOINC+73e546e312-r0 do_compile: Error executing a python function in exec_python_func() autogenerated:

in log file:
Error: /work/xilinx-ultra96-reva-2019.1/build/../components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree/mipi-support-ultra96.dtsi:9.1-17 Label or path axi_uart16550_0 not found

Solution: (confirmed to work in petalinux 2019.1
Is to remove /include/ "mipi-support-ultra96.dtsi" in components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree/system-top.dts

By placing:

MACHINE_FEATURES_remove_ultra96-zynqmp = "mipi"

in bottom of:

project-spec/meta-user/conf/petalinuxbsp.conf