Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timfintech
Visitor
Visitor

Petalinux 2019.2 build error

Hi all,

I am building petalinux fresh with my own hardware (Zynq US+).  I have followed the steps in the pdf for this case and am having issues on the petalinux-build stage.

I am getting the following errors:

ERROR: fsbl-2019.2+gitAUTOINC+e8db5fb118-r0 do_compile: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /export/home/tking/bittware/build/tmp/work/plnx_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/fsbl/2019.2+gitAUTOINC+e8db5fb118-r0/temp/log.do_compile.2071
1)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /export/home/tking/bittware/build/tmp/work/plnx_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/fsbl/2019.2+gitAUTOINC+e8db5fb118-r0/temp/log.do_compile.20711     

and

ERROR: pmu-firmware-2019.2+gitAUTOINC+e8db5fb118-r0 do_compile: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /export/home/tking/bittware/build/tmp/work/plnx_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/pmu-firmware/2019.2+gitAUTOINC+e8db5fb118-r0/temp/log
.do_compile.28201)                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /export/home/tking/bittware/build/tmp/work/plnx_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/pmu-firmware/2019.2+gitAUTOINC+e8db5fb118-r0/temp/log.do_compile.28201    

(Logs are attached but renamed)

Has anyone seen this before and know of a fix?  Or can help me get it fixed.

The other question I have is that these files can be built through Vitis so can I continue without them and recover the rest of petalinux for my Vitis platform build?

Thanks 
Tim

0 Kudos
2 Replies
smahalle
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @timfintech,

Could you please check if i2C0 and I2C1 are enabled in your design because as you can see the error message is coming from the FSBL and i2c is needed for board-specific configuration done in FSBL. Or please share HDF I can try out at my end.

You can read below wiki page for more information.

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842019/Zynq+UltraScale+FSBL 

Thanks & Regards,

Shubhangi

0 Kudos
timfintech
Visitor
Visitor

Looking at Vitis it says at least one of the I2C is enabled (I2C 1)

Here is my XSA for you to confirm (zipped as my XSA failed to upload)

This issue seems to be with my XDMAPCIe block which although shows up in the Hardware Specification but its defines are not generated in xparameters.h.  This seems to be both in Petalinux and building it in Vitis.

0 Kudos