UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor dipl_om
Visitor

Petalinux Booting Stops

Hello,

I setup a Petalinux like the reference guide tells it.

Now i want to boot the petalinux with qemu, then this messages appears and nothing else happens:

asdf@asdf-linux:~/petalinux/projekt2014_4$ petalinux-boot --qemu --prebuilt 3

INFO: The image provided is a zImage

INFO: TCP PORT is free

INFO: Starting arm QEMU

INFO:  qemu-system-arm -L /home/asdf/petalinux/petalinux-v2014.4-final/etc/qemu -M arm-generic-fdt -smp 2 -machine linux=on   --serial mon:stdio --serial /dev/null --nographic -kernel /tmp/tmp.6WbvyDNnpY -gdb tcp::9000 -dtb /home/asdf/petalinux/projekt2014_4/pre-built/linux/images/system.dtb

Is there problem that i dont see? Why it stops doing anything?

The System runs on Ubuntu 14.04 with a Petalinux 2014.4

thanks for help

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Petalinux Booting Stops

@dipl_om

Can you try cleaning the petalinux build and re-building and see if that helps?

Do you have a chance to try using the command "petalinux-boot  --qemu  --kernel" to understand if there is any difference?

Regards,

Achutha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Visitor dipl_om
Visitor

thanks for the fast reply

The clean and rebuild changes nothing.

The kernel option also do nothing diffrent.

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@dipl_om

Will you be able to share the Hardware project with me for reproducing the issue and to verify the root cause?

Regards,
Achutha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor dipl_om
Visitor

At this Point only got the .bsp from the developers of the board:

Trenz Gigazee.bsp

There is a reference designs too:

reference_design TE0720

I dont know if this gonna help to understand the Problem.

0 Kudos
Visitor gstro
Visitor

I have the same issue. Ubuntu 14.04 VM, PetaLinux 2014.4. I have had success with qemu with a fresh test project.

I'm trying to do a simple emulation to verify I can step through the process - default config for project, same Trenz .bsp.

I have a TE0701-05 I'd like to use to test board bring-up if I can can get emulation working.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos