Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Petalinux (CPU0) + LWIP (CPU1)

Hello,

I try to use Petalinux on core 0 (xapp1078) for mass-storage support and file system support.

the main application is running on core 1 with my bare metal app using lwip. This application is working fine as standalone bare-metal. it connects to a host via tcp as client and sends data with 80MB/s in a stream.

In combination with petalinux, i dont get any connection. i start the "tcp_connect()" funktion but i dont receive its "connected_callback()". in whireshark i only see the ARP communication between host (192.168.202.86) and zynq (192.168.202.10). after this there should be a tcp communication, but this doesnt works and the fpga trys to connect again...

i tryed to configure petalinix' ethernet as "manual" as well as "ps7_ethernet" with static ip (192.168.202.10) and mac.

what could be the problem?

thank you,

Julian

wireshark+petalinux.png
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Re: Petalinux (CPU0) + LWIP (CPU1)

is there an option in petalinux to disable ethernet completely???

as you se in the picture, if i configure the ethernet phy via lwip in bare-metal, also the petalinux recognises it. it would be fine to test next what happens, if ethernet is completely disabled in linux.

oh, and i am using a microzed avnet board with petalinux 2014.4

petalinux+lwip.png
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Not sure about 2014.4, but in 2016.4 it doesnt assign a Static IP. https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/68614.html unless you do some extra changes.
Regards,
Debraj
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

I think that not linux directly is the problem. i think that the modified BSP maybe hase no connection with the low level driver.

yesterday I started to print the tcp debug options and i saw, that the SYN-packet will never be sent. that means that the SYN+ACK from the host will never be sent to...

But i dont know how to fix this problem. it seams that nowbody before used petalinux together with bare metal and lwip...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Julian,

this message is quite old, yet I am facing the same issue in my design. Did you manage to find a workaround?

At first, I started to Linux CPU0 and baremetal CPU1+LwIP. Then I realized that even with both cores running baremetal (Hello world and LwIP echo server examples), still CPU1 does not have access to ETH0.

Ref: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/OpenAMP/Zynq-AMP-CPU1-baremetal-access-to-gem0/m-p/827569

Thanks,
Luca

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Both linux and lwip need an interrupt to work, however 7-zynq only has one INTC which cannot be shared with two types of OS

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi ritakur,

thank you for your answer.

I agree that CPU1 is not initializing the SCU, yet the CPU0 does once. The interrupt sources can be then mapped to the SCU with the IRQ mapping function

XScuGic_InterruptMaptoCpu(&InterruptController, CPU_ID, INTERRUPT_ID);

It does map the shared interrupt sources either to CPU0 or CPU1. Indeed it is working with simple interrupt generator in the PL that I tested. The only issue I faced is with the LwIP implementation. As far as I recall, the eth driver only uses the EMAC IRQ (#define XPS_GEM0_INT_ID   54U). Could you confirm that?

In any case, in the attached forum link, I also managed to simplify the system setup by using baremetal application in both cores. So Linux is not used anymore.

CPU0 -> running "Hello world" example
CPU1 -> running "LwIP echo server" example and USE_AMP active

Even mapping the XPS_GEM0_INT_ID  to CPU1 It does not work either.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi lucam,

I 'am meeting the same case now.

My system configuration is as follows:

Vivado 2015.4 on a windows 7 host.

z7035 board which designed by myself.

There is one bug with the  function XScuGic_InterruptMaptoCpu(&InterruptController, CPU_ID, INTERRUPT_ID),so i rewrited it.

void myXScuGic_InterruptMaptoCpu(u8 Cpu_Id, u32 Int_Id)
{
 u32 RegValue, Offset;
 RegValue = ((Xil_In32(((0xf8f01000)) + ((((u32)0x00000800U + (((Int_Id)/4U) * 4U)))))));

Offset = (Int_Id & 0x3U);
 Cpu_Id = (0x1U << Cpu_Id);

RegValue = (RegValue & (~(0xFFU << (Offset*8U))) );
 RegValue |= ((Cpu_Id) << (Offset*8U));

((Xil_Out32((((0xf8f01000)) + ((((u32)0x00000800U + (((Int_Id)/4U) * 4U))))), ((u32)(((u32)(RegValue)))))));
}

And It was called like this:

call.png
Then the zynq can catchs gem0 interrupt,and the callback functions are processed.And i can see the received arp data in lwip debug info. But the lwip still does not work.
 call.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

I resolved this problem.

The reason for such case due to the cache L2(OCM) which shared by cpu0 and cpu1.

My solution like this:

1/ Disable L1 cache for OCM at the begin of Main() function

2/ Make a patch for translation_talbe.S:

.rept DDR_REG

.word SECT + 0x14de6

... ...

After rebuilding the project, linux running on cpu0 and bare-metal lwip app running on cpu1 work very well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi can.peng,

thank you for your reply.

I am currently running tests to follow your solution. Is that L2 cache that was conflicting on the second core? If that, why did you disable the L1?

Edit: I modified the xemacpsif_dma.c file with the custom XScuGic_myInterruptMaptoCpu call (this was discussed also here CPU0 with LInux and CPU 1 with baremetal - Interrupt not triggered )

Also the translation table is updated as yours. However nothing changes on CPU1. It just sends an ARP message but it does not reply to pings. It seems that interrupts are not triggered.

Thank you,

Luca

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @can.peng

Indeed your suggestion worked like a charm. Thank you!

In association with -DUSE_AMP=1 flag, the patch to the XScuGic_InterruptMaptoCpu (xilinx forum link) resolve the issue. Note that I do not disable cache L1, while L2 has been disabled from the USE_AMP flag for CPU1.

Thanks,

Luca

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi @lucam

I have patched XScuGic_InterruptMaptoCpu() but still unable to receive the interrupts in processor 1.

Could you advise where should I insert XScuGic_InterruptMaptoCpu() ?

For my case, XScuGic_InterruptMaptoCpu() is inserted in main() before lwip threads are started.

regards

Chow

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @eep1nc,

please find below the code snipped where XScuGic_myInterruptMaptoCpu is called.

XScuGic_Connect(&Intc, <XPS_INT_ID>, (Xil_ExceptionHandler)irq_callback, irq_callback_arg);
	XScuGic_myInterruptMaptoCpu(&Intc, XPAR_CPU_ID, <XPS_INT_ID>);
	XScuGic_Enable(&Intc, <XPS_INT_ID>);

It is worth to mention that in SDK 2017.1 and above the XScuGic_InterruptMaptoCpu has been fixed and it works without any more patches.

Luca

0 Kudos