UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

Petalinux - CentOS 6.2 - mconf: error while loading shared libraries: libncursesw.so.5: cannot open ....

Hello folks,

I'm running CentOS 6.2 via VMWare.  I'm able to successfully build Petalinux and all that.  But when I use petalinux-config on a new app project,  I get the following:

zynq@localhost Avnet-Digilent-ZedBoard-2013.3]$ petalinux-config -c rootfs
INFO: Checking component...
INFO: Config linux/rootfs
[INFO ] config linux/rootfs
mconf: error while loading shared libraries: libncursesw.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ERROR: Failed to config linux/rootfs!
ERROR: Failed to config component linux/rootfs
make: *** [config] Error 255
sh: lsb_release: command not found

I googled around for the libncursesw.so.5 and found the following:

http://bitnami.com/forums/forums/redmine/topics/libncursesw-so-5-error-on-mysql-install

This thread seems to suggest that such package is not available for CentOS...

Is it fair to say I'm out of luck trying to use CentOS for Petalinux app development?  Hope that's not the case...

Any thoughts/input/feedback is appreciated.

Eddie V.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar rfs613
Scholar

Re: Petalinux - CentOS 6.2 - mconf: error while loading shared libraries: libncursesw.so.5: cannot open ....

The missing library is available in the ncurses-libs package:
yum install ncurses-libs

If you are on a 64-bit system and the above doesn't resolve the error, then you may need to install the 32-bit version explicitly:
yum install ncurses-libs.i686
0 Kudos
Visitor freeliver
Visitor

Re: Petalinux - CentOS 6.2 - mconf: error while loading shared libraries: libncursesw.so.5: cannot open ....

I'm using ubuntu 14.04 and petalinux 2014.2. It can do well in petalinux-build, or petalinux-boot . But when I try the command petalinux-config ,the same error is present,too.2014-08-31 16_59_27 的屏幕截图.png

0 Kudos
Scholar rfs613
Scholar

Same idea, you need to install the missing library. To find the name of the package containing the library:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?suite=trusty&section=all&arch=any&keywords=libncursesw.so.5&searchon=contents

So you should be able to install it with:
sudo apt-get install libncursesw5

And if you are on a 64-bit system and need the 32-bit version:
sudo apt-get install lib32ncursesw5
0 Kudos
Visitor freeliver
Visitor

thank you very much! Now it work well.

0 Kudos