UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petalinux: How to Modify a Custom App Source, Recompile and Package

Hello,

What is the proper way to modify an existing custom app's source code under project spec directory, recompile and package in Petalinux?

Across at least a few Petalinux versions, once a custom app is added, there seems to be no way to modify the source code in project_spec and recompile without first cleaning the build directory with "petalinux -x mrproper".

Following steps in documentation didn't help: do_clean, compile app..... The original source code under project_spec is the one always used without complete rebuild.

On a side note, by running only the "petalinux-build" command, changes to external kernel source are recognized by petalinux unlike custom app source codes.

Currently using 2017.4.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Re: Petalinux: How to Modify a Custom App Source, Recompile and Package

Hi cuneyt@phasorlab.com 

Good question ! 

Even I am looking for the solution , as this takes a lot of time to re-build all the files once i do  -x mrproper  and even sometime i had to remove build files before doing a build using:

rm -rf build/tmp build/cache

rm -rf components/plnx_workspace

Tags (3)
0 Kudos