cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor
Visitor

Petalinux I/Os

Hi there,

I am new to Xilinx and Petalinux environment , so excuse my naive question.

I am using ZCU111 evaluation board and I am trying to use Petalinux.

I understand the build process to get a Petalinux built and executed on board via SD card.

The process  as I understand it goes like this:

1- I design in Vivado my system, putting the Zynq MPSoC IP and running the whole process of auto-connecting and verifying , then generating the design and extracting the xsa file using export hardware option.

2- Then I run the petalinux-config --get-hw-description=<my_xsa_file_location>

3- Then I run the petalinux-build command,

4- And then I prepare my SD card by generating the BOOT.BIN,  image.ub and boot.scr

Everything up till here I understand.

Now what I don't get is what if I designed a module in the PL that connects, to the MIO pins of the ZYNQ processor? how this is going to map into my petalinux image so to use as a file (open, red/write, direction ...etc).

In other words how the previous process takes care of my I/O or any module I design in the PL using (verilog/VHDL) ..etc

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Visitor
Visitor

Further to my question,

How the petalinux map my inputs/outputs ports/pins on the FPGA, and what names in the gpios does it map to?

I beleive (correct me if I am wrong) that it should go under /sys/class/gpio directory somehow?

How is it mapping it and how can I know which port goes to which naming under the petalinux?

0 Kudos