UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Petalinux Kernel module build error

Hi,

I create a sample module using the petalinux-create command. I replaced the default source files with my own source files and makefile. I edited the .bb file and added all the .c and .h file paths to the SRC_URI. When I try to run petalinux-build I get the following errors.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[INFO] building kernel
[INFO] sourcing bitbake
INFO: bitbake virtual/kernel
Loading cache: 100% |##############################################################################################################################################################################| ETA: 00:00:00
Loaded 2939 entries from dependency cache.
Parsing recipes: 100% |############################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 00:00:02
Parsing of 2326 .bb files complete (2292 cached, 34 parsed). 2941 targets, 196 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
NOTE: Preparing RunQueue
NOTE: Checking sstate mirror object availability (for 90 objects)
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
ERROR: mymodule-1.0-r0 do_configure: oe_runmake failed
ERROR: mymodule-1.0-r0 do_configure: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at /home/skaat27/Documents/h264V1.3/build/tmp/work/plnx_arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/mymodule/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_configure.23551)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/skaat27/Documents/h264V1.3/build/tmp/work/plnx_arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/mymodule/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_configure.23551
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing python function sysroot_cleansstate
| DEBUG: Python function sysroot_cleansstate finished
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_configure
| NOTE: make KERNEL_src=/home/skaat27/Documents/h264V1.3/build/tmp/work-shared/plnx_arm/kernel-source clean
| Makefile:7: *** You must source the petalinux/settings.sh script before working with PetaLinux. Stop.
| WARNING: /home/skaat27/Documents/h264V1.3/build/tmp/work/plnx_arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/mymodule/1.0-r0/temp/run.do_configure.23551:1 exit 1 from 'exit 1'
| ERROR: oe_runmake failed
| ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at /home/skaat27/Documents/h264V1.3/build/tmp/work/plnx_arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/mymodule/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_configure.23551)
ERROR: Task 320 (/home/skaat27/Documents/h264V1.3/project-spec/meta-user/recipes-modules/mymodule/mymodule.bb, do_configure) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1756 tasks of which 1744 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
Waiting for 0 running tasks to finish:

Summary: 1 task failed:
/home/skaat27/Documents/h264V1.3/project-spec/meta-user/recipes-modules/mymodule/mymodule.bb, do_configure
Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
ERROR: Failed to build kernel
webtalk failed:PetaLinux statistics:extra lines detected:notsent_nofile!
webtalk failed:Failed to get PetaLinux usage statistics!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any solutions to this? 

Regards,

Karthik

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Petalinux Kernel module build error

Hi @skaat27

There is no too much information on the log to know where the issue is. Can you provide your recipe? Also the log file for the module by itself could be useful as well.

ERROR: mymodule-1.0-r0 do_configure: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at /home/skaat27/Documents/h264V1.3/build/tmp/work/plnx_arm-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/mymodule/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_configure.23551)

Regards

Ibai

Ibai
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos