Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Petalinux LANG environment requirements

Hello,

Recently we found out that the petalinux tools (2015.2.1) are picky about the language environment setting (LANG=). Our ssh client apparently had set this to LANG=nl_NL.UTF-8 and then preparing package failed with an obscure error about a getopt: unknown option '--lib'. When we changed it to LANG=en_US.UTF-8 it worked fine. What is going on here? Has someone typed the wrong dash in a script somewhere that just happens to be mapped to the correct one in an english environment?

[INFO ] Updating package manager
[ALL  ] PATH=.../build/linux/rootfs/targetroot/.stage.apt/usr/bin:
.../build/linux/rootfs/targetroot/.stage.apt/usr/sbin:
/opt/Xilinx/petalinux-v2015.2.1-final/tools/packagemanager/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
APT_CONFIG=.../build/linux/rootfs/targetroot/.stage.apt/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/apt.conf
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/Xilinx/petalinux-v2015.2.1-final/tools/packagemanager/lib:
/opt/Xilinx/petalinux-v2015.2.1-final/tools/packagemanager/lib/libfakeroot
D=.../build/linux/rootfs/stage OPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=.../build/linux/rootfs/stage
IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=.../build/linux/rootfs/stage
/opt/Xilinx/petalinux-v2015.2.1-final/tools/packagemanager/bin/fakeroot apt-get update || exit 255 [ALL ] getopt: onbekende optie '--lib' [ALL ] fakeroot, create a fake root environment. [ALL ] usage: fakeroot [-l|--lib fakerootlib] [-f|--faked fakedbin] [ALL ] [-i file] [-s file] [-u|--unknown-is-real] [ALL ] [-b|--fd-base fd] [-h|--help] [-v|--version] [ALL ] [--] [command] [ALL ] make[2]: *** [.pkg_update] Fout 255 [ALL ] make[2]: Map '.../build/linux/rootfs/packages-repo' wordt verlaten [ALL ] make[1]: *** [sub_build_component_/none/packages-repo/single/plnx-repo] Fout 2 [ALL ] make[1]: Map '.../build/linux/rootfs' wordt verlaten [ALL ] make: *** [sub_build_component_/none/rootfs/single/petalinux-rootfs] Fout 2 [ALL ] make: Map '.../build/linux' wordt verlaten

Maarten

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Petalinux LANG environment requirements

@vanmierlo

Do you see this issue only when trying to update or during normal petalinux build?

Can you provide more details so that i can verify and clarify you?

Regards,

Achutha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Petalinux LANG environment requirements

I'm not sure what you mean. We just run 'petalinux-build', not 'petalinux-build update' or anything like that. But if you ask if this happens for a completely clean build, yes, it does. Not sure though if my log dump was from an rerun or a fresh one.

0 Kudos