UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer viggsy
Observer

Petalinux Project creation

Jump to solution

I have a basic doubt here.

I am trying to create a project for ZCu102 through petalinux.

When creating a Petalinux project  do I have to use the .xpr file present after the BSP installation?

or

do I have to create a project separately in vivado and include the .hdf file in a petalinux project created separately.

I am actually struggling to understand this flow. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Vignesh 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Petalinux Project creation

Jump to solution

Hi @viggsy , The way I know it, you will have to first create a Vivado project and generate the .bit and .hdf file. Now you can use these files to create a Petalinux project and configure and build it.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi @viggsy , The way I know it, you will have to first create a Vivado project and generate the .bit and .hdf file. Now you can use these files to create a Petalinux project and configure and build it.

Observer anmol_8496
Observer

Jump to solution

if you have a specific hardware design then you have a bitstream(.bit) and hardware discription file (.hdf) thats require your application. 

you create a project in petalinux environment after you configure according you application requirement. 

petalinux-config --get-hw-description=<PATH-TO-HDF/DSA-DIRECTORY>

.bit file require for the FSBL.

0 Kudos