UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

Petalinux Stops booting after first stage bootloader

Visitor

Petalinux Stops booting after first stage bootloader

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am targetting Ultrazed-3EG PCIe carrier card.

I was using a pre-built petalinux version 2017.4 to build embedded linux for my application using the hdf generated by vivado and It works fine, The problem is that when I installed petalinux 2017.4 freshly on a different machine and trying to generate the linux using the same hdf file, The build is going without any errors but the petalinux will stop at the FSBL. I tried the same with a fresh installation of petalinux version 2018.2 and it is the same.

Please suggest me if I am missing any configuration relating to fsbl and u-boot? I see that the FPGA too will not get programmed.

I am attaching the screen shot of console output. I tried using the fsbl created with SDK and generating BOOT.BIN but that too resulted in the similar behavior and also the SD card I used is working fine with other builds.

device_boot.PNG 

Thanks.

Re: Petalinux Stops booting after first stage bootloader

Can you change directory into images/linux after pertalinux-build and use the command
petalinux-package --boot --u-boot

This should create the correct boot image with the pmufw, fsbl, atf, bit file ( if there) and uboot
Visitor

Yes I am doing it in that way.

A quick update I replaced zynqmp_fsbl.elf generated by the petalinux which was not working with the one generated by the petalinux build that was working. The board seems to boot normally without any issues. So the petalinux I installed is not generating the correct FSBL. 

Thanks

Visitor

Yes the command You mentioned is working. The device is booting now.

I was using this before on the petalinux installation that was working. Which wont work for some reason here.

petalinux-package --boot --fsbl zynqmp_fsbl.elf --fpga <bitfile> --u-boot --force

Thanks.

Highlighted

Ok, is this working now?
Are you using a bsp or hdf to generate the petalinux project.

If hdf flow, have you tested in sdk.