cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Petalinux basic configuration

Hi everybody, I'm trying to use petalinux in order to run the Linux kernel in a Microblaze based design, but I'm Facing some problems. The board that I'm working on is the VC707(Virtex-7 FPGA CHIP), and I'm following the  Petalinux User's Manual as a reference, the petalinux version is the 2016.4(because I use the 2016.4 version of Vivado tools).

My problems started when I tried to generate an MCS file with the command :

petalinux-package --boot --fpga <FPGA bitstream> --u-boot --kernel

But I'm getting the following warnings/errors : 

INFO: User hasn't specified flash size, will use the auto detected system flash size: 0x20 MBytes.
INFO: User hasn't specified flash interface, will use the auto detected one BPIx16.
ERROR: Size of bitstream "/home/jamelly/Documents/UFA_19/my_tasks/simple_linux/download.bit" is 20273551 larger than the fpga partition size 0x400000.
I've already fixed the problem of the FLASH size(Vivado automatically set the range from 128MB to 32MB, nothing hard to fix )
But I'm looking for how to directly specify for petalinux the flash size and the flash interface and
I really don't know how to solve the error because there's no information about the "unit" of  20273551(Bytes, MegaBytes, times ???) or 0x400000(Bits, Bytes or MB).

3 Replies
Highlighted

hello,have you dealed with this problem,I think I have met the same problem. And how to specify the flash size ?

Wish your answers!

Best Wished!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi, @chinagaogaogaogao. I've set it on "Address Editor" of block design. Switch to this windows(if it's not open go to Windows->Address editor) and change the range of EMC(external memory controller) from 32MB to 128MB(For VC707)

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I use AXI QUAD SPI IPcore to access Flash, I think I can't change the flash size by Address Editor. And can you boot PetaLinux on microblaze from flash?the flash size Petalinux can recognize is 10M,but my ultrascale Fpga's flash size is 128M. I don't know about the reason, could you give me some suggestions?thanks very much!
0 Kudos