UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

Petalinux basic configuration

Hi everybody, I'm trying to use petalinux in order to run the Linux kernel in a Microblaze based design, but I'm Facing some problems. The board that I'm working on is the VC707(Virtex-7 FPGA CHIP), and I'm following the  Petalinux User's Manual as a reference, the petalinux version is the 2016.4(because I use the 2016.4 version of Vivado tools).

My problems started when I tried to generate an MCS file with the command :

petalinux-package --boot --fpga <FPGA bitstream> --u-boot --kernel

But I'm getting the following warnings/errors : 

INFO: User hasn't specified flash size, will use the auto detected system flash size: 0x20 MBytes.
INFO: User hasn't specified flash interface, will use the auto detected one BPIx16.
ERROR: Size of bitstream "/home/jamelly/Documents/UFA_19/my_tasks/simple_linux/download.bit" is 20273551 larger than the fpga partition size 0x400000.
I've already fixed the problem of the FLASH size(Vivado automatically set the range from 128MB to 32MB, nothing hard to fix )
But I'm looking for how to directly specify for petalinux the flash size and the flash interface and
I really don't know how to solve the error because there's no information about the "unit" of  20273551(Bytes, MegaBytes, times ???) or 0x400000(Bits, Bytes or MB).

3 Replies

回复: Petalinux basic configuration

hello,have you dealed with this problem,I think I have met the same problem. And how to specify the flash size ?

Wish your answers!

Best Wished!

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi, @chinagaogaogaogao. I've set it on "Address Editor" of block design. Switch to this windows(if it's not open go to Windows->Address editor) and change the range of EMC(external memory controller) from 32MB to 128MB(For VC707)

0 Kudos

I use AXI QUAD SPI IPcore to access Flash, I think I can't change the flash size by Address Editor. And can you boot PetaLinux on microblaze from flash?the flash size Petalinux can recognize is 10M,but my ultrascale Fpga's flash size is 128M. I don't know about the reason, could you give me some suggestions?thanks very much!
0 Kudos