UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petalinux-build 2018.3 license warning messages

Jump to solution

I have run petalinux-build twice, once with the ZCU102 BSP (prod-silicon) that was downloaded from https://www.xilinx.com/support/download/index.html/content/xilinx/en/downloadNav/embedded-design-tools.html, and the other with an HDF file built from Vivado.

When run on an i5 (4 cores), the only warning message received is

[log_check] warning: %post(sysvinit-inittab-2.88dsf-r10.plnx_zynqmp) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

When run on an 17 (6 hyperthreaded cores), I end up with around 20 warning messages. All of them say

Could not copy license file xxx to yyy ... [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: xxx -> yyy

At the end of the build, there are files in the images/linux directory. I can only assume that this means that the build succeeded.

In the case of the BSP build, all I did was download the BSP, run petalinux-create to create the project, and run petalinux-build. I left everything as default. So, nothing special was done.

It seems odd that a build of a default config from a Xilinx supplied BSP would produce errors. What is going on?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Petalinux-build 2018.3 license warning messages

Jump to solution

I was building on Ubuntu 16.04.5.

Owner of PetaLinux executables must match login user name. To fix the problem, I had to use "chown -R" to change the owner of the PetaLinux tools parent directory.

End result is that a user cannot use the PetaLinux tools installation if another user installed the tools. Each user must have its own tools install.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Petalinux-build 2018.3 license warning messages

Jump to solution

I was building on Ubuntu 16.04.5.

Owner of PetaLinux executables must match login user name. To fix the problem, I had to use "chown -R" to change the owner of the PetaLinux tools parent directory.

End result is that a user cannot use the PetaLinux tools installation if another user installed the tools. Each user must have its own tools install.

0 Kudos