UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Petalinux build cannot find the device tree files

Following the documentation for building the TRD for zcu102, I run into this error when trying to the build project.

These are the steps I have taken 

cd $TRD_HOME/petalinux
% petalinux-create -t project -s zcu102-base-trd.bsp -n bsp
% cd bsp
% petalinux-config --get-hw-description=$TRD_HOME/zcu102_base_trd/sw/a53_linux/a53_linux/prebuilt --oldconfig
% cd $TRD_HOME/petalinux/bsp/project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/device-tree/files/
% rm system-user.dtsi
% cp zcu102-base-dm1.dtsi system-user.dtsi
% petalinux-build

The build runs for quite sometime and runs into this issue -  

| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
| gcc: error: /home/nikhil/Documents/zcu102/Base_TRD/rdf0421-zcu102-base-trd-2018-2/petalinux/bsp/build/../components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree/*.dts: No such file or directory| gcc: warning: ‘-x assembler-with-cpp’ after last input file has no effect
| gcc: fatal error: no input files
| compilation terminated.
| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.
| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/nikhil/Documents/zcu102/Base_TRD/rdf0421-zcu102-base-trd-2018-2/petalinux/bsp/build/tmp/work/zcu102_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+f38738e568-r0/temp/log.do_compile.27728)

I do see that there are no files inside the ../plnx_workspace folder. My pealinux-config did not throw any errors so I am not sure what is causing this.

0 Kudos