Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xlgforever
Adventurer
Adventurer

Petalinux build errors

Jump to solution

i am using Vivado2018.3 and petalinux2018.3, and kc705 board.

first, i use Vivado to generate a hardware platform and get the .hdf file. and i create a petalinux project by :

petalinux-create --type project --template microblaze --name test1

then i use the .hdf file to import hardware configuration:

petalinux-config --get-hw-description=....

it works well.

then i do this:

petalinux-build

it shows some errors:

[INFO] building project
[INFO] sourcing bitbake
INFO: bitbake petalinux-user-image
Parsing recipes: 100% |##########################################| Time: 0:00:41
Parsing of 2569 .bb files complete (0 cached, 2569 parsed). 3445 targets, 479 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
Initialising tasks: 100% |#######################################| Time: 0:00:04
Checking sstate mirror object availability: 100% |###############| Time: 0:00:09
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
ERROR: device-tree-xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0 do_compile: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/xlg/Documents/testIP2/build/tmp/work/plnx_microblazeel-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0/temp/log.do_compile.19849)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/xlg/Documents/testIP2/build/tmp/work/plnx_microblazeel-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0/temp/log.do_compile.19849
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
| Error: /home/xlg/Documents/testIP2/build/../components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree/kc705-lite.dtsi:1.1-10 Label or path iic_main not found
| Error: /home/xlg/Documents/testIP2/build/../components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree/kc705-lite.dtsi:34.1-18 Label or path axi_ethernetlite not found
| FATAL ERROR: Syntax error parsing input tree
| WARNING: /home/xlg/Documents/testIP2/build/tmp/work/plnx_microblazeel-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0/temp/run.do_compile.19849:1 exit 1 from 'dtc -I dts -O dtb -R 8 -p 0x1000 -b 0 -i /home/xlg/Documents/testIP2/build/../components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree -i /home/xlg/Documents/testIP2/build/tmp/work-shared/plnx-microblazeel/kernel-source/include -i /home/xlg/Documents/testIP2/build/tmp/work-shared/plnx-microblazeel/kernel-source/include -i /home/xlg/Documents/testIP2/build/tmp/work/plnx_microblazeel-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0 -o ${DTS_NAME}.dtb `basename ${DTS_FILE}`.pp'
| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/xlg/Documents/testIP2/build/tmp/work/plnx_microblazeel-xilinx-linux/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+b7466bbeee-r0/temp/log.do_compile.19849)
ERROR: Task (/home/xlg/petaLinux/components/yocto/source/microblaze_full/layers/meta-xilinx/meta-xilinx-bsp/recipes-bsp/device-tree/device-tree.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2736 tasks of which 2051 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:
  /home/xlg/petaLinux/components/yocto/source/microblaze_full/layers/meta-xilinx/meta-xilinx-bsp/recipes-bsp/device-tree/device-tree.bb:do_compile
Summary: There was 1 ERROR message shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
ERROR: Failed to build project

the key errors i think are:

| Error: /home/xlg/Documents/testIP2/build/../components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree/kc705-lite.dtsi:1.1-10 Label or path iic_main not found
| Error: /home/xlg/Documents/testIP2/build/../components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree/kc705-lite.dtsi:34.1-18 Label or path axi_ethernetlite not found

actually,i use a axi_ethernetlite_0 in my hardware platform, as shown in pl.dtsi file:

Screenshot from 2019-09-23 11-08-25.png

and i don't use the iic_main bus in my hardware platform.

i am new to do this. i have tried to use the bsp  to generate the petalinux project(full or lite), it get the same errors.

actually, i think i don't need the two IP cores shown in the errors messages. why the petalinux software generate the content in the kc705-lite.dtsi(or full) file?

i have no idea to solve these errors.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
longley
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
@xlgforever ,
I create a petalinux project and import your HDF and build it. I don't see any errors. My project build successfully. And I am using the exact same petalinux commands.

petalinux-create --type project --template microblaze --name testIP
petalinux-config --get-hw-description=<path to HDF file>
petalinux-build

Do you make any settings after petalinux-config command? Maybe you can open a new shell and create a new petalinux project and try again.
Thanks,

Longley

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

If starting with Versal take a look at our Versal Design Process Hub and our
Versal Blogs

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
longley
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@xlgforever 

Can you confirm that you create Petalinux project from template, not from KC705 BSP?

The error shows there is kc705-lite.dtsi file in below path. But as I known, if you create Petalinux project from template, it won't contain this file.

/components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree/kc705-lite.dtsi

Could you share the HDF file? I can check on my side if I can reproduce this issue.

Thanks,

Longley

Versal Blogs

0 Kudos
xlgforever
Adventurer
Adventurer

i use command as followsing to create project:

i have tried both the template and BSPs, all of them have this problem.

i want to upload the hdf files, but the Community tells me that the attachment's system.hdf content type (application/x-hdf) does not match its file extension and has been deleted.

so i have uploaded the file in:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TCXRXW253FPyj_8zv4-m79uv9qPPMM6k/view?usp=sharing

i hope you can download in google drive

0 Kudos
longley
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee
@xlgforever ,
I create a petalinux project and import your HDF and build it. I don't see any errors. My project build successfully. And I am using the exact same petalinux commands.

petalinux-config --get-hw-description=<path to HDF file>
petalinux-build

Do you make any settings after petalinux-config command? Maybe you can open a new shell and create a new petalinux project and try again.
Thanks,

Longley

Versal Blogs

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
xlgforever
Adventurer
Adventurer

Oh,thanks.

i open another terminal and run the command again. when the config appearence, i just select "save" and "exit". then i  use "petalinux-build", it success!

0 Kudos