Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Petalinux build errors

Jump to solution

Hello,

i created a block design on vivado 2018.3 of Video test pattern generator (v8.0), frame buffer and zynq U+. 

i am trying to build petalinux using linux-xlnx tags ( xlnx_rebase_v4.14) and its last modification was in november 2018, which means the driver of Video test pattern generator (v8.0) was not modified inside the previous driver for v7.0. it just includes the driver for 5.0 and 7.0 . So it is obvious it would not be probed and that what i am got.

recently, a modifiation of the driver 8.0 was added in the branch master and not in tags. also i tried to build petalinux using the master branch but when i wrote petalinux-build , i got this error :

Ready $ petalinux-build -c kernel
[INFO] building kernel
[INFO] sourcing bitbake
INFO: bitbake virtual/kernel
WARNING: Host distribution "rhel-7.6" has not been validated with this version of the build system; you may possibly experience unexpected failures. It is recommended that you use a tested distribution.
Loading cache: 100% |####################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:00
Loaded 3459 entries from dependency cache.
Parsing recipes: 100% |##################################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:04
Parsing of 2569 .bb files complete (2533 cached, 36 parsed). 3461 targets, 137 skipped, 0 masked, 0 errors.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
Initialising tasks: 100% |###############################################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:20
Checking sstate mirror object availability: 100% |#######################################################################################################################################| Time: 0:00:26
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
ERROR: linux-xlnx-4.14-xilinx-v2018.3+git999-r0 do_populate_lic: QA Issue: linux-xlnx: The LIC_FILES_CHKSUM does not match for file://COPYING;md5=d7810fab7487fb0aad327b76f1be7cd7
linux-xlnx: The new md5 checksum is bbea815ee2795b2f4230826c0c6b8814
linux-xlnx: Here is the selected license text:
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
The Linux Kernel is provided under:

SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0 WITH Linux-syscall-note

Being under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 only,
according with:

LICENSES/preferred/GPL-2.0

With an explicit syscall exception, as stated at:

LICENSES/exceptions/Linux-syscall-note

In addition, other licenses may also apply. Please see:

Documentation/process/license-rules.rst

for more details.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
linux-xlnx: Check if the license information has changed in /local2/is221877/user_face/dev/xilinx/mohamad/se120/linux/master/linux-xlnx/COPYING to verify that the LICENSE value "GPLv2" remains valid [license-checksum]
ERROR: linux-xlnx-4.14-xilinx-v2018.3+git999-r0 do_populate_lic: Fatal QA errors found, failing task.
ERROR: linux-xlnx-4.14-xilinx-v2018.3+git999-r0 do_populate_lic: Function failed: populate_lic_qa_checksum
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /local2/is221877/user_face/dev/xilinx/mohamad/se120/linux/master/tpg_frbw_plnx/build/tmp/work/plnx_zynqmp-xilinx-linux/linux-xlnx/4.14-xilinx-v2018.3+git999-r0/temp/log.do_populate_lic.21776
ERROR: Task (/opt/pkg/petalinux/2018.3/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/meta-xilinx/meta-xilinx-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-xlnx_2018.3.bb:do_populate_lic) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 133 tasks of which 113 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:
/opt/pkg/petalinux/2018.3/components/yocto/source/aarch64/layers/meta-xilinx/meta-xilinx-bsp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-xlnx_2018.3.bb:do_populate_lic
Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.
Summary: There were 3 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
ERROR: Failed to build kernel

it seems that it is a md5 checksum problem.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Regards,

Mohamad

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Solved in petalinux 2019.1

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi ,Mohamad

I also encountered this problem, have you found a solution?

I cloned the linux-xlnx directory from github of xilinx using git command, and then chose to use this external Linux source directory when petalinux-config. I did not make any changes to it.

祝好

里先森

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @lixiansen,

No i didn't find the solution yet. I am still waiting a response from xilinx employee or someone who faced the problem and solved it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi ,Mohamad

I seem to have just found a solution,You can look at this first 

The general idea is,Your petalinux version needs to match the Linux version you downloaded, otherwise LIC_FILES_CHKSUM is prompted

so,i run the commands like below (my petalinux version is petalinux 2018.3)

git checkout xlnx_rebase_v4.14_2018.3
git pull  https://github.com/Xilinx/linux-xlnx.git xlnx_rebase_v4.14_2018.3

after this,my petalinux version is consistent with the official Linux version on github xilinx

and it works fine now。

祝好

里先森

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @lixiansen,

I will test these commands tomorrow and i will update you.

I want to use the master branch because i want to use the last modification of the video test pattern generator v8.0.

Could you check if inside the drivers->media->platform->xilinx->tpg.c if it includes the compatibility of video test pattern generator v8. 0 after these commands?

Thank you very much 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

Hi,

sorry i'm a newbie to linux,but i checked the  drivers->media->platform->xilinx->xilinx-tpg.c file and it doesn't seem to support TPG V8.0

i uploaded this file from V4.14 branch for you to check

and i founded that It was only uploaded to the main branch half a month ago, so I guess this branch doesn't support the functionality you needQQ图片20190331194316.png

祝好

里先森

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello @lixiansen, @

hat why i want the master bran

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor
Well,maybe you can try this way。But i didn't try。
use the “old” linux branch version (V4.14 that matches the petalinux) to generate the uboot 、fsbl and dtb file,then build the master branch of the kernel by yourself
pack the uboot、fsbl and dtb file as BOOT.BIN ,and use the uImage that build by yourself to boot the board on
may work?
祝好
里先森
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

hello @lixiansen,

i didnt understand what do you mean by " build the master branch of the kernel by yourself ". 

what i tested and it is not working is to copy the file i needit (includes to v8.0) to  the tags v4.14, but unfortunately , still not working

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

can you try to build a project with the master branch to check if you will get the sale problem. 

for uboot and linux-xlnx are point to the ext-src-file in "petalinux-config " command.

thank you very much

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor
Visitor

sorry Mohamad,i am a newbie of linux,i want help but i have do my best.

but i think the best way to solve your problem is deal with the" license-checksum"of the linux

i dont know how the checksum work in linux src.Maybe find a way to update the license-checksum in the linux master branch source code is the key to your problem

祝好

里先森

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant
Participant

Yes, This is utterly and completely broken as documented for petalinux 2018.3. A workaround is copying the COPYING from the previous build to your kernel and adding KERNEL_VERSION_SANITY_SKIP="1" to project-spec/meta-user/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-xlnx_%.bbappend.

It would be nice if there were a way to put the new info into the bbappend to override, but I don't know what that would take.

you should be able to change/override the LIC_FILES_CHKSUM as well as the version info checked by the python mess.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Solved in petalinux 2019.1

View solution in original post

0 Kudos