cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joancab
Advisor
Advisor

Petalinux-built linux doesn't boot

I have a fresh Ubuntu 18.04.4 with petalinux 2020.2 and the image I create doesn't even boot the FSBL. I checked the board (boot switches, etc.) and it boots with other images (not linux, but it shows the board is fine).

I even created a minimalistic project with just the PS and board settings without any further modification. Done LED stays red (so, not done).

I noticed that sometimes the sd card I use to boot, that I connect with a uSD-USB adaptor and I attach to the linux VM, fails to copy files. In that case I copy them to a shared (with windows) folder and from there copy to the sd card.

Any other suggestions to check?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
stephenm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

A quick test, would be to read the boot error register to see if anything is flagged here:

Can you use the attached script, and source in XSCT and run the read_error_status command?

For example, here I used the get_jtag_targets command to get the jtag target needed for the read_error_status command

jtag_reg.PNG

stephenm
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Also, run the read_bootmode command

To see all commands use the 

help

There is a help for each command. For example:

help -read_bootmode

joancab
Advisor
Advisor

Mmm, the board booted when I was typing these things. First I thought it was the XST connection but then I repeated it with Vitis closed and what happens is it takes some 10 seconds to boot, don't know why.

I just realized how little patience (or maybe faith) I have...

0 Kudos