Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sya0
Visitor
Visitor

Petalinux command error

Jump to solution

Hey everyone, i got a situation here. I create a new petalinux project by this command

petalinux-create --type project --template zynq --name KM-3000_PetaLinux

and then i wanted to go for this command. However, i got the same error every time i have tried to run this. 

petalinux-config --get-hw-description -p /home/selcuk/Projects/PetaLinux/KM-3000_PetaLinux

and this is the log message of error.

[INFO] generating Kconfig for project
rlwrap: warning: your $TERM is 'xterm-256color' but rlwrap couldn't find it in the terminfo database. Expect some problems.: Inappropriate ioctl for device
package require xsdb FAILED:
can't find package xsdbERROR: Failed to generate /home/sukru/FPGA/KM-3000_Petalinux/build/misc/config/Kconfig.syshw
ERROR: Failed to Kconfig project
ERROR: Failed to build project

I have also created the project and i tried to run another petalinux command, for example, petalinux-config or petalinux-build but whenever i run something begins with petalinux command, except petalinux-create, i get error log which is above. Can anyone give me an explanation what causes that error?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sya0
Visitor
Visitor

I found the problem! Petalinux should have installed on home directory in Linux. Thats why i got those errors.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
aravindb

Hi @sya0,

You need to run the configuration command from petalinux project folder.

Should not run from outside of the project.

Run config command like below:

petalinux-config --get-hw-description=/aravind_working_dir/tmp/blockbox/customer_hdf/2017.4_hdf/

Thanks & regards

Aravind

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
sya0
Visitor
Visitor

I got still same error

INFO: Getting hardware description...
INFO: Rename system_wrapper.hdf to system.hdf
[INFO] generating Kconfig for project

ERROR: Failed to generate /home/sukru/FPGA/KM-3000_Petalinux/build/misc/config/Kconfig.syshw
ERROR: Failed to Kconfig project
ERROR: Failed to generate System hardware Kconfig file.
0 Kudos
sya0
Visitor
Visitor

I found the problem! Petalinux should have installed on home directory in Linux. Thats why i got those errors.

View solution in original post

jrp
Explorer
Explorer

0 Kudos