UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor sya0
Visitor

Petalinux command error

Jump to solution

Hey everyone, i got a situation here. I create a new petalinux project by this command

petalinux-create --type project --template zynq --name KM-3000_PetaLinux

and then i wanted to go for this command. However, i got the same error every time i have tried to run this. 

petalinux-config --get-hw-description -p /home/selcuk/Projects/PetaLinux/KM-3000_PetaLinux

and this is the log message of error.

[INFO] generating Kconfig for project
rlwrap: warning: your $TERM is 'xterm-256color' but rlwrap couldn't find it in the terminfo database. Expect some problems.: Inappropriate ioctl for device
package require xsdb FAILED:
can't find package xsdbERROR: Failed to generate /home/sukru/FPGA/KM-3000_Petalinux/build/misc/config/Kconfig.syshw
ERROR: Failed to Kconfig project
ERROR: Failed to build project

I have also created the project and i tried to run another petalinux command, for example, petalinux-config or petalinux-build but whenever i run something begins with petalinux command, except petalinux-create, i get error log which is above. Can anyone give me an explanation what causes that error?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor sya0
Visitor

Re: Petalinux command error

Jump to solution

I found the problem! Petalinux should have installed on home directory in Linux. Thats why i got those errors.

3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @sya0,

You need to run the configuration command from petalinux project folder.

Should not run from outside of the project.

Run config command like below:

petalinux-config --get-hw-description=/aravind_working_dir/tmp/blockbox/customer_hdf/2017.4_hdf/

Thanks & regards

Aravind

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.

Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Visitor sya0
Visitor

Jump to solution

I got still same error

INFO: Getting hardware description...
INFO: Rename system_wrapper.hdf to system.hdf
[INFO] generating Kconfig for project

ERROR: Failed to generate /home/sukru/FPGA/KM-3000_Petalinux/build/misc/config/Kconfig.syshw
ERROR: Failed to Kconfig project
ERROR: Failed to generate System hardware Kconfig file.
0 Kudos
Visitor sya0
Visitor

Jump to solution

I found the problem! Petalinux should have installed on home directory in Linux. Thats why i got those errors.