cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leith
Adventurer
Adventurer

Petalinux cron??

Much to my surprise, Petalinx (at least v17.4) does not include any sort of cron daemon.

I would imagine the easiest/most appropriate way to get his is to enable busybox cron.   The config files don't have this as an option.

I guess this means I need to replace the Petalinux busybox with a more robust version.   What's the easiest way to do this?

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
xilinxacct
Professor
Professor

@leith

A poor man's cron, could be implemented with a 'sleep' in a script. sleep should be availble in busybox.

Hope that helps

If so, mark as solution accepted to close the issue. Kudos also welcomed. :-)

0 Kudos
leith
Adventurer
Adventurer

Cron, as well as some other busybox feature are "there" but just not turned on.   Cron can be enabled in the build with the following:

add file file project-spec/meta-plnx-generated/recipes-core/busybox/files/crond.cfg
  CONFIG_CROND=y

add file project-spec/meta-plnx-generated/recipes-core/busybox/busybox_1.%.bbappend
  FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"
  SRC_URI_append = "\
      file://crond.cfg "

Cron seems like such a basic, well known Unix feature.   Can't figure out why Xilinx doesn't make it an easy to select feature in config??

0 Kudos
vanmierlo
Mentor
Mentor

The above is almost right. You should not place and modify files in project-spec/meta-plnx-generated/ but instead you should use project-spec/meta-user/ . Otherwise they get overwritten everytime you reconfigure.

0 Kudos