Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Petalinux for Enclustra Mars ZX2

Hi,

Previously I posted a lot of messages for various issues. As the time is getting elapsed as the issues are not resolved. Just collating all issues as one go for solutions in time.

I am using a custom board which is similar to Enclustra Mars ZX2. And I am trying to boot linux (using Petalinux  2018.1 build environment), for reference boot logs, dts file used attached for reference.

On my board UART0, Ethernet interface, SD card and QSPI flash are the resources used.

The build is successful, to add support for UART0, I modified the dts file in the following path

components/plnx_workspace/device-tree/device-tree/zc702.dtsi

added support UART0 and updated the pinctrl details and copied to

project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/device-tree/files  and renamed as system-conf.dtsi(attached as system-conf.txt)

Please suggest whether this same file hold device tree configuration for u-boot and kernel or need to create another file for Kernel device tree, temporarily I copied the zynq-zc702.dts (attached as zynq-zc702.txt)in the following path

project-spec/meta-user/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-xlnx/

Now I am able to boot u-boot, but the Ethernet link is not up with current device tree.

When Kernel is booted, the boot stuck at

console [tty0] enabled
bootconsole [cdns0] disabled

Added clk_ignore_unused to bootargs further the kernel stuck at

zynq-pinctrl 700.pinctrl: zynq pinctrl initialized

Further I modified the system-conf.dtsi with reference dts file from Enclustra (attached as txt file for ref), looking for suggestions on device tree where kernel boots and loads the rootfs successfully.

Adding to the above, my ethernet PHY is 3 and reg 3 and by default in the bsp it is 7 reg 7, when I modify phy7 to phy3 I get the following error, any suggestions to avoid the following error

ERROR: device-tree-xilinx+gitAUTOINC+682c126ef6-r0 do_compile: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/vestas/petalinux/xilinx-zc702-2018.1/build/tmp/work/zc702_zynq7-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+682c126ef6-r0/temp/log.do_compile.8338)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/vestas/petalinux/xilinx-zc702-2018.1/build/tmp/work/zc702_zynq7-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+682c126ef6-r0/temp/log.do_compile.8338
Log data follows:
| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_compile
| system-top.dtb: ERROR (duplicate_label): Duplicate label 'ethernet_phy' on /amba/ethernet@e000b000/ethernet-phy@3 and /amba/ethernet@e000b000/ethernet-phy@7
| ERROR: Input tree has errors, aborting (use -f to force output)
| WARNING: exit code 2 from a shell command.
| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/vestas/petalinux/xilinx-zc702-2018.1/build/tmp/work/zc702_zynq7-xilinx-linux-gnueabi/device-tree/xilinx+gitAUTOINC+682c126ef6-r0/temp/log.do_compile.8338)
ERROR: Task (/home/vestas/petalinux/2018.1/installation/components/yocto/source/arm/layers/meta-xilinx/meta-xilinx-bsp/recipes-bsp/device-tree/device-tree.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 2095 tasks of which 2087 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Just for compilation purpose just modifying reg to 3 without editing phy@7 to phy@3.

I need Xilinx support to close these issues. Your immediate help will expedite my deliverables.

Thanks

Umamahesh

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Petalinux for Enclustra Mars ZX2

@umamahesh

Can you add bitstream in your boot image and try booting Linux instead modifying the device tree file? 

Regards

Kranthi

Best Regards
Kranthi
--------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi Kranthi,

Thanks for your reply. I use hdf file when petalinux-config. I create BOOT.BIN using

petalinux-package --boot --fpga images/linux/system.bit --fsbl images/linux/zynq_fsbl.elf --u-boot

and copy BOOT.BIN and image.ub to sd card and boot.

Thanks

Umamahesh

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@umamahesh,

This error will occur if your bitstream is messed up. Are you able to see any error log while generating BOOT.BIN in petalinux?

I suggest you to clean your build and try once again.

Regards

Kranthi

Best Regards
Kranthi
--------------------------
Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi Kranthi

I do not see any error log while generating BOOT.BIN, after complete clean too Linux is getting stuck at  zynq-pinctrl 700.pinctrl: zynq pinctrl initialized

Thanks

Umamahesh

0 Kudos