Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dlorych
Visitor
Visitor

Petalinux forgets u-boot configuration when building

Jump to solution

Hi,

when I try to configure u-boot (with petalinux-config -c u-boot) and then try to build (petalinux-build -c u-boot or just petalinux-build), it forgets the changes made and instead just builds the default config. If I check the config after building, all values are reset to the default values.

If I change the config, save it and check the config again, then all values are correct. So it seems like they get saved in the u-boot module, but get reset upon building.

The same process works without problems for the kernel and xen, so it seems like the problem is connected to u-boot. Does anyone have an idea what happens here?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dlorych
Visitor
Visitor

It seems like the problem is due to the configuration I tried to apply. If I try to apply the same configuration via recipe instead of menuconfig, then the build fails with unhelpful error messages. This is the configuration which I tried to apply (on a ZCU104):

CONFIG_I2C_EEPROM=y
CONFIG_SYS_I2C_EEPROM_ADDR=0x0
CONFIG_SYS_I2C_EEPROM_ADDR_OVERFLOW=0x0
CONFIG_ZYNQ_GEM_I2C_MAC_OFFSET=0x20
CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE=0x10080000

CONFIG_CADENCE_QSPI=y
CONFIG_XILINX_SPI=y
CONFIG_TPM_V2=y
CONFIG_TPM2_TIS_SPI=y
CONFIG_TPM=y
CONFIG_CMD_TPM_V2=y

I also tried to do the same TPM configuration with the normal u-boot (https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot), this worked. Thus I will just use the normal u-boot instead.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
aravindb

Hi @dlorych 

I just verified with latest 2020.2 petalinux & it is working properly. We can see the updated u-boot config file in this paths 

<Project PATH>/components/yocto/workspace/sources/u-boot-xlnx/oe-local-files/devtool-fragment_tmp001.cfg

You can also see in <Project PATH>/components/yocto/workspace/sources/u-boot-xlnx/.config.new
I have checked even after building also  & we can see only updated configs only.

Let me know which version petalinux you are using.

Thanks & regards

Aravind

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dlorych
Visitor
Visitor

It seems like the problem is due to the configuration I tried to apply. If I try to apply the same configuration via recipe instead of menuconfig, then the build fails with unhelpful error messages. This is the configuration which I tried to apply (on a ZCU104):

CONFIG_I2C_EEPROM=y
CONFIG_SYS_I2C_EEPROM_ADDR=0x0
CONFIG_SYS_I2C_EEPROM_ADDR_OVERFLOW=0x0
CONFIG_ZYNQ_GEM_I2C_MAC_OFFSET=0x20
CONFIG_SYS_TEXT_BASE=0x10080000

CONFIG_CADENCE_QSPI=y
CONFIG_XILINX_SPI=y
CONFIG_TPM_V2=y
CONFIG_TPM2_TIS_SPI=y
CONFIG_TPM=y
CONFIG_CMD_TPM_V2=y

I also tried to do the same TPM configuration with the normal u-boot (https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot), this worked. Thus I will just use the normal u-boot instead.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos