Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasonweb
Visitor
Visitor

Petalinux in XCZU2CG

Jump to solution

Hello.

Actually, I am using custom board and ultrascale+ XCZU2CG for our project.

I had built a petalinux custom project, with my specific HDF and bitstream, and all the config, build and package processes finished successfully, with BOOT.BIN and image.ub generated.

But when I copy this files to SDCard in boot partition (2 partitions, BOOT in fat and ROOTFS in ext4), I am not able to see anything through debug serial port and FPGA not load. It seems as the uboot does not launch correctly.

I have tried this HW design and it is valid.

In addition, if I flash the BOOT.BIN file using Vivado, the FPGA is getting up, of course, without petalinux.

It would be a great help any suggestion about this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Notes: Vivado and Petalinux 2018.2.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sabankocal
Voyager
Voyager

Hi @jasonweb ,

If I were you, first I'd start from begining:

- You can find a prebuild image with your chip(I think, board specific interfaces not important for startup!)

- If it is working, you can be sure:

• You prepared your SD card properly
  • You properly configured your board as boot from SD Card

After that you need to be sure in Vivado really you are using proper ZYNQ7 or Ultrascale settings.

Otherwise Vivado side can work properly but CPU side(UART, ethernet...) can not work because of clocking differences.

To be sure about that, you need to find a base vivado project with you chip.(Not start from zero, instead use predesigned vivado project or use your chip's initial settings)

I hope, it helps.

Saban

<--- If reply is helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question --->

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
sabankocal
Voyager
Voyager

Hi @jasonweb ,

If I were you, first I'd start from begining:

- You can find a prebuild image with your chip(I think, board specific interfaces not important for startup!)

- If it is working, you can be sure:

• You prepared your SD card properly
  • You properly configured your board as boot from SD Card

After that you need to be sure in Vivado really you are using proper ZYNQ7 or Ultrascale settings.

Otherwise Vivado side can work properly but CPU side(UART, ethernet...) can not work because of clocking differences.

To be sure about that, you need to find a base vivado project with you chip.(Not start from zero, instead use predesigned vivado project or use your chip's initial settings)

I hope, it helps.

Saban

<--- If reply is helpful, please feel free to give Kudos, and close if it answers your question --->

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
jasonweb
Visitor
Visitor

Hi @sabankocal 

Great! Yes, its a good idea start from beginning.

I had a wrong configuration in SD Card in HW design compared with reference design of my device.

When I changed it, I could access to debug serial and configure the location of kernel, pmu.elf,... (petalinux-config) to SD for boot. Now, the system start successfully, with all needed interfaces.

Very grateful for your help!

0 Kudos